Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Red Sun, Black Sand - filming

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwsiii

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Red Sun, Black Sand - filming Reply with quote

The companion piece to "Flags of Our Fathers" has started filming, it will cover the Battle for Iwo Jima from the Japanese soldiers' perspective.
Last weekend a California Bronco Club motored across the set of "Red Sun, Black Sand". Here are some pictures and a blog of sorts. I believe Mr. Eastwood is only in the 5th photo from the bottom (wearing dark hat, jacket, light shirt collar, green pants, and holding some headsets). I'm assuming the guy in the 'blue/purple' shirt is an assistant director or some such. California Broncos forum Red Sun, Black Sand set photos.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Red Sun, Black Sand Reply with quote

Here's an update:

Quote:
Anyway, On the site, the picture poster keeps saying the man in the blue shirt is Clint Eastwood, when in fact it is his Cinematographer TOM STERN. In the fifth picture from the bottom, CLINT is actually right behind him with a black cap on. You can see him smirking. For more proof, here is a picture of STERN with CLINT on another film, you can tell by his glasses.

http://www.cinematographers.nl/FotosDoPh/stern.jpg

deleur

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks interesting Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: