Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Board Thoughts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Board Thoughts Reply with quote

I posted a skeleton version of this on gunboards in response to a self promotion for another Japanese militaria board:

There are about 6 Japanese Militaria boards that I'm aware of, regretfully, I only check 2 or 3 daily. One of my biggest peeves with multiple boards is the same person spamming the boards with the same question. Another is the attitude of some of the responders. gunboards-forum is pretty much self maintaining. Enough people visit every day to answer just about any question. Sometimes the replies can be brutal with asinine questions, and sometimes they can be brutal just because a question or answer was interpreted wrongly. I started this board on a suggestion. It doesn't get much traffic, but I try to answer any questions posed accurately, and in a friendly and timely fashion. I've added free picture upload, no size limit, not quite as cool as gunboards, but it works. Try to enter the most famous, and second most famous, deragotory term for persons of Japanese decent during World War II. You'll end up with Japanese most of the time.

Want to see my bad side, Argue with me about 99s, and I can get a little ugly.[}Smile]

Nothing peeves me more than mis-information, and leeches. (Ask EloldeHombre about leeches sometime.) The phrase "Substitute Standard Type 99" comes to mind. Our friends, way south of the border are getting much better with their reproductions. Where do they get the information about what is wrong with their reproductions? HHHhhhhhmmmmmMMMMMM..... It ain't from MRoJ, MPoJ or HCoIJ I or II and I'm pretty sure the sword guys haven't published any new or updated books about how to identify recent reproductions.

For the innocent newbie, boards are great, but once the bad guys find the boards, the fakes get better. Its a double edged sword.

More boards means more chances of a newbie finding information he needs, it also means that others can leech information for nefarious reasons.
DEFUC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, not nefarious reason..oh no!!!! Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: