Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SHOW REPORT Alabama Gun Collector's Show

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwsiii

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: SHOW REPORT Alabama Gun Collector's Show Reply with quote

The AGCA show is this weekend at the Birmingham Jefferson Civic Center right off of I65. 500-800 tables. I'll be there with something Japanese, Ronin48 and Alsaka should be there as well with their impressive displays. I've got a camping trip tonight, after I set up, but I should be at the show around noon tomorrow. Hope to see you there. Trey

Last edited by gwsiii on Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Show Report, Update.... Reply with quote

Last night during a quick set up I saw an interesting contract type 94 shoulder holster with straps, pretty much single stitched, aluminum looking rivets. Odd bird to say the least. Tried to buy it but fellow Banzaite had first refusal.

Finally made it back to the show today after camping (Cub Haunted) last night. Fellow Banzaite had forgotten about holster, went to check on it, it was gone. Tracked it down this afternoon, its now on a 17.5 date Type 94, serial number 25736 Nagoya Nambu marked as a 'package' deal. Fellow Banzaite purchased Nagoya Type 97 formerly mentioned on Gunboards a while back. Another purchased a Jinsen for education Type 38 that had been heavily sporterized, will report serial number tomorrow. Saw Riceone, Alsaka, Ronin48, Type-14 and a few others, a pleasant time as always. On a side note, #1 son during, Cub Scout BB gun qualification scored a 42 out of 50 to win a patch. May have to unleash little 'dead eye' at the shootout next year. More tomorrow. Trey
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: agca show Reply with quote

forgot to mention 4 excellent Japanese displays, Mine with basic Japanese Military Weapons of WWII, Ronin48's Knee Mortar (they're not really knee mortars, they are portable latrines for little people one of the biggest myths of WWII). Alsaka's Japanse Naval Weapons which includes a restored Naval Issue Bicycle, and CrazyJapaneseCop's Japanese Display. 4 quality displays all along the back wall. Competition will be stiff, even without popsicle sticks and duct tape......
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Agca Show Report Reply with quote

Slow, but decent show. The four Japanese militaria displays finished in the money. Ronin48 received best of show for his Knee Mortar display.

I didn't have the heart to tell him, after his 'gernade' was assassinated, that his table cloth needed both 'spell and grammar check.' Impressive display even with the typos!

I finished 4th with my Standard Japanese Weapons of WWII:

Alsaka finished in the money with his Japanese Naval Arms and Equipment Display. Check out the hand brakes on that 'Crazy Island Bike'.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: