Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pacific rifle match

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mag

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:51 pm    Post subject: Pacific rifle match Reply with quote

There will be a military rifle match in Lubbock TX sept 14th. It will be the Arisakas against the WWII US, British, Dutch rifles. Post if you are interested for more details. mag
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
smzeigler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 9:11 pm    Post subject: Pacific Shoot Reply with quote

Mag,

I won't be able to attend. I am interested in the match results. Please post photos as well.

Thanks, Shannon
kfields

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mag, how did the match go? More details (and pictures) the better! I hope not hearing from you doesn't mean the Japanese rifles came in dead last!!!
mag

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to take so long to get back to you. I have been busy helping out two new shooters, preping a rifle for, and shooting in a national benchrest match. The Arisaka shooters lost the match, by 0.3 total points after the average was figured. We also did not shoot well, the 1903 springfields took the first 3 places. I just had a bad day, could not get it together. I shot a perfect score on the warm up target but it just went downhill from there. The light was very poor [ overcast ], and that did hurt the Arisaka shooters. The little pointy front sight just gets lost in the bullseye. I shot 10 point lower than I did last time, same gun. It just seemed like each Arisaka shooter had 1 bad target, out of three. We had 3 T-38's and 2 T-38 carbines do ONE 5-shot group at 1.5 or less, but none of them could do 2 straight. We do have a 7.7mm only match coming up soon. mag
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kfields

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mag, I live 1000 miles away and wouldn't be able to go but what's the date of your 7.7 match? Is it strictly Japanese or a competition against other countries firearms? I always enjoy your posts! Kim
mag

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the 2nd sunday in dec. It is all T-99's. We started this match as the guys with the T-99's complained that they could not shoot with the T-38's. So this is all T-99's, everyone is even. You have to remember that we are dealing with a large member shooting club, so not everyone has both. There are alot more T-99's for several reasons: Hard to find a T-38 with a excellent bore, a ground, mm T-99 is still cheap to buy, there is only one source for 6.5mm brass and it is not cheap, 7.7mm brass is easy to make from free 30/06 or cheap 8mm. mag
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: