Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SOLD:sporterized type I Japanese rifle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Wanted, Buy, Sell, Trade!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
romer12

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: SOLD:sporterized type I Japanese rifle Reply with quote

checking out this gun for lady friend who got it from father who served in WW11, Apparently he sporterized it. I was told by knowledgeable guys it might be a type 1 rifle made by Italy for the Japanese. supposedly 60,000 were made for Japanese navy. mum area ground. Only mark I see on bbl is
H 187. Has unusual type of bolt.........I have 4 pics to send if anyone interested and would like to make offer. Not rusted. clean bore. Please email me for pics if interested............. john414r@hotmail.com
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Type I pics Reply with quote

You don't often see one of these sporterized, if you bought it, I bet you'd be the only one on the block to have one! I've talked to several people that indicated the Type I was very accurate. Here are some pics....Please excuse the orientation of the 'click here....' verbiage, after bragging on postimage.org this morning, it looks like they've screwed the pooch again, they appear to be inserting the 'click here' text along the longest side of the picture.....At least the images show up.....

romer12

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: any offers ?? Reply with quote

on this type I italian made japanese rifle. made (I'm told) only between 1938-39. Can be (I believe) put back to military configuration. Bore is fine. Selling for WW11 vet's daughter (she is not a shooter)
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: overall Reply with quote

Here is the overall pic....pretty spiffy.....

romer12

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: gwsiii Reply with quote

thanks very much in your assist. in posting the pics of the Type I for me..........................john No offers as yet...............
sksvlad

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a Type I in original condition for $375 about a year ago and I considered myself to be lucky. Sporterized stock must drive the value towards $200. I never heard about ground mum because, I think, there was no mum on Type I.
romer12

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: type I sporterized Reply with quote

thanks for info. item sold for $110
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Wanted, Buy, Sell, Trade! All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: