Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Castle-Thunder vs. Gunboards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gtbehary

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Castle-Thunder vs. Gunboards Reply with quote

I am not trying to start anything here, but I sure wish the folks at Gunboards all moved here. I spend more time (even with DSL) trying to switch pages or even open up the Japanese boards. Sometimes I think I have a poor dial up connection.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: ct v gb Reply with quote

Thanks for your kind comments George. I mentioned a long time ago, this started as a whim, I got kind of used to it. I look at it more as another outpost in cyberspace to get friendly information. I don't get near the visitors of gb so I don't know how that would effect the server performance, so for what traffic I have, I'm doing pretty good. I think they finally got the pictures on a decent server over at postimage.org, I have to go back and repost the older ones that they deleted after 60 days. Its been a learning experience, but I've helped some really nice people and I've bought some really nice stuff for more than reasonable prices.....Trey
03man

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would post here if it were picture friendly, do you still have to have the picts on a host somewhere? or can I post directly from my hdrive. Question
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: pictures Reply with quote

Don, look right below the white box when you are typing a message, there is an 'add image to post' bullet, right below the box where you type the message, click on that, click 'browse' in the window that opens up, select your picture from your hard drive, and hit upload it. Pretty simple, unfortunately, being free, they have no tech support, and their orientation is a bit off. They do not allow 'hot linking' to the picture from anywhere other than where it was initially uploaded to. So you couldn't use them for ebay or something like that. Trey
paul s

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject: Picture Reply with quote

Here go's!

WOW! It works Very cool Trey!
gwsiii

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: pics Reply with quote

Nice stuff Paul! Trey
Mike Rockhill

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell paul.... No type 11, you still pissed off at it?
type-14

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice collection except it seems to me that your rifle collection is just cluttering up the beginnings of a nice Nambu collection. Wink Can you tell where my love is at? Cool
oopy38

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Castle-Thunder vs. Gunboards Reply with quote

gtbehary wrote:
I am not trying to start anything here, but I sure wish the folks at Gunboards all moved here. I spend more time (even with DSL) trying to switch pages or even open up the Japanese boards.
Sometimes I think I have a poor dial up connection.

I have a commercial high speed connection at my main residence, and still, with GB, after I look at one or two items, it then takes forever to load the rest of the evening. It makes me think I am using dial up. So, it is not just you, I think the problem is with GB.
paul s

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Rockhill wrote:
What the hell paul.... No type 11, you still pissed off at it?

No, we kissed and made up. just have to learn to accept each others "quirks"

Thats an old picture, need to take a new one of the whole collection!
gtbehary

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Castle-Thunder vs. Gunboards Reply with quote

oopy38 wrote:
gtbehary wrote:
I am not trying to start anything here, but I sure wish the folks at Gunboards all moved here. I spend more time (even with DSL) trying to switch pages or even open up the Japanese boards.
Sometimes I think I have a poor dial up connection.

I have a commercial high speed connection at my main residence, and still, with GB, after I look at one or two items, it then takes forever to load the rest of the evening. It makes me think I am using dial up. So, it is not just you, I think the problem is with GB.

That site irks me. I hate to post to it, because, you never know if your post went through. So you hit the button twice and it posts double.

It doesn't seem so bad on some of the other boards.
arisakadogs

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the slow speed on Gunboards is very irritating & I just recently got DSL. You'd never know it when on that site. Also, the endless stupid postings about Josh Boy have been very annoying! Still, the more of these sites there are - the better.
cve116

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've found that it seems to help if i open threads in a new browser window. not always, but a lot of the time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: