Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(spf)Arisaka Type 2 paratrooper rifle&battle prayer flag

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Wanted, Buy, Sell, Trade!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FSJeeper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: (spf)Arisaka Type 2 paratrooper rifle&battle prayer flag Reply with quote

GI bring back from the Phillippines. Good condition. Mum ground. Serial number on the reciever is 14184 and the serial number on the barrel and take down assembly is 361. Bolt number is 181. No dust cover but has cleaning rod. Original condition, untouched, bore is good. Also included is an original WWII Phillippines flag and 2 Japanese silk battle prayer flags that were captured with it.

I quit collecting years ago and kept this one because it was interesting. It just sits in the back of my gun vault and I thought I would pass it along for someone else to appreciate.

Make a reasonable offer and it is yours.

713 703 3655
FSJeeper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be taking pics soon and one of the prominent members here has offered to post them for me cause I have no clue how to do that.

I would like to get $950 for the rifle and the 3 flags. The Phillippine flag is in excellent condition, one of the prayer flags does not have nice handwriting on it, either the guy couldn't write well or was in a hurry, and the other one is very pretty and the nicest one I have ever seen. Years ago I had them translated and the Japanese characters basically represent popular war slogans but there is some personal stuff on the nice one.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: pics Reply with quote

Here are the pics, looks like a solid gun that will clean up well. Oh to have a little more money.....Do all the numbers on the bolt, firing pin, safety, and extractor match each other?

FSJeeper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the numbers on the bolt assemly all match.

Thanks for posting these pics for me!
FSJeeper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rifle is sold. Thanks for a great site.
tnak

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to say that FSJeeper is a great guy. Rifle is as described, packaged well and shipped promptly. tracy
gwsiii

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject: rifle Reply with quote

Glad it went to one of the good guys, let us know if there's anything interesting on the flag(s). Trey
tnak

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trey, I had my mother translate the two flags. One is for a guy by the name of Hiroshiro. The other was presented by two shrines (Nasunogi and Otahara) to Shinosaki. I believe the shrines are near Fukushima city. One of the slogans says "fight for the country" and another says "Kill the Americans and British". These translations are not perfect, but are close in content. Thanks for the comment "I am one of the good guys". Glad to know someone thinks that. Tracy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Wanted, Buy, Sell, Trade! All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: