Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Birmingham AGCA Oct - 2007 report (pictures added)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Birmingham AGCA Oct - 2007 report (pictures added) Reply with quote

Not a whole lot there this weekend, I picked up a Naval Officer Parade Saber? with proper? knot. Bubba strikes again, a 3 digit Nagoya 99 sniper suffering from Advanced Bubbaitis, was rescued, a mummed Nagoya 99 long m/m was noted and thats about it. Displays included a beautiful Hamada Type I and II display, 2 pistols and around 6 more holsters, which are rarer than the pistols (which are super rare). So I'd guess, you could say a 'whole passel of hen's teeth on one table'. My display is Military Rifles, Bayonets, and Swords of Japan 1885-1945 who'd have thought I could have crammed that much crap on one table. I'll post pictures tomorrow. The Labar book, Bayonets of Japan is really looking good, start saving your dimes now, it will run $75-$100, for more information go to www.bayonetsofjapan.com. The usual odds and ends, were noted, a Japanese SNLF helmet? was reported sold, not sure that it was kosher, 'but I don't know nuthin bout nuttin what goes on yer noggin or has a pointy end on it'. The helmet had a yellow star on it is about all I can tell you. A 2nd series Nagoya 99 with 4 digit number was there, I'm still toying with the idea of it. The olde1 had some really nice rifles for sale, unfortunately none that I particularly needed, right now. I guess thats about it for now.

I found the scrap book I bought at the last show, will try and get the pictures from it scanned, I don't know if I want to start a 'pictures of war' thread and just let everyone post what they have there or create separate web pages with thumbnail images on one page. I'll give it some thought. Trey

Last edited by gwsiii on Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Kennedy rifle Reply with quote

Wee Gnarley Ozwalled (ok, the Olde1) surfaced at the show with what he claims is the 'real' Kennedy Assassination rifle. He claims to be a close relative of Lee Harvey Oswald, who's family changed the spelling of their name to remove the stigma associated with the name Oswald. Take this post and following pictures with a grain of salt and a lot of fiber......

gwsiii

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Hamada Display Reply with quote

Here is a photo of "Alsaka's" Hamada Display, it won best of show along with a big fat check!

gwsiii

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Military Rifles, Bayonets and Swords of Japan (3rd Place) Reply with quote

I got 3rd place (and a slightly overweight check) for my display, Military Rifles, Bayonets, and Swords of Japan.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: