Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AGCA Display Pictures

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: AGCA Display Pictures Reply with quote

Banzai members' Japanese displays finished in 2 of the top 3 Prizes, "Alsaka's" Type I and Type II Hamada display won best of show.

My display was Military Rifles, Bayonets, and Swords of Japan. I placed 3rd overall.

jangle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to you and George! I know it takes alot of time to set up your display, just wish I could have seen it. Thanks for sharing your photos!

James
DEFUC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey is that yer gooder marine sssward, I caint see the mint finger loop....beautiful display yuh done do'ed a good job, Batta.
type-14

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to have missed the show. can only make so many of them as it is a 4 hour drive each way. Wasn't feeling to bad about as one old guy didn't have much good to say about it, then I see the photos and am sorry to miss the displays. Glad to hear that you all did well. Did you happen to find any goodies?
gwsiii

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: goodies Reply with quote

I picked up a 1914 Naval Officer's Parade saber with knot, a 38 long handguard, a copy of Japanese Parachute Troops, and an arm band from the launching of the USS Alabama in 1942. All in all, a quiet show, not much in the way of Japanese, but enough to fill another hole in the collection. Trey
gwsiii

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject: sword Reply with quote

The cavalry sword with loop is below the sword stand, on the table, you can't see it real well, its behind the sparkly T2. Trey
type-14

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to ask you about that broken rifle. You need to send it to me so I can fix it for you Wink
gwsiii

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject: rifle Reply with quote

I picked up some super glue and some jb weld on the way home, that ought to lock it up good! Trey
arisakadogs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome display! Bet you had a lot of lookers.
A while back I was lucky enough to pick up a cav sword with a 100% intact finger loop. It is missing the leather throat washer though Sad

03man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Nice Reply with quote

Nice display as usual, and now expected.

With the extensive and scarce stuff on your table, I don't see why you were #3!
type-14

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cause of the broken rifle, and I can't believe you arn't going to try and fx'it with duct tape Laughing
gwsiii

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: display Reply with quote

Thank you all for the kind comments. I was up against a pair of hamada pistols with a 'marked' Japanese contract FN Browning which is hard to compete with on any level rarity wise, and the 'Little But Lethal' display which is a magnificent display, but it doesn't have a lot of information or history on what is in the display.

Judging a display is really hard, if you've ever tried it before. If you don't know what you're looking at, you have to rely on the display (and other collectors-last resort) for information about what you're looking at, the rarity of those items and how they relate to other areas of collecting that you might know something about. I try to have a tag listing production figures for each weapon in my collection, along with a more 'common' list showing the estimated production of a variety of other countries weapons. Just to give someone that doesn't know anything about Japanese weapons a reference point.

I usually 'over display', in that I put too much out. I do it so that everywhere you look on the table, there is something else new to look at, if its not labelled, its something to prompt a question. I try to make it educational, and informative. The question I ask myself most when I walk away from a display is, 'did I learn something from it?' If I did learn something, then to me, it was a good display.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: