Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Type 30 data

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eloldehombre1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 1:11 pm    Post subject: Type 30 data Reply with quote

Need following on any 30 long rifle in your collection, (1) SN, (2) mum treatment, unground or ground. If overstamed, with what. (3) any characters on the left side of the chamber, if so what. (4) Rear sight straight across the top or "V" notch. For carbines, mum treatment and chamber characters. You will NOT BE IDENTIFIED AS THE OWNER. i COLLECT RIFLE DATA, NOT OWNER DATA. tHANK YOU IN ADVANCE.
The Outlaw Josey Whales

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:21 pm    Post subject: My Type 30 Reply with quote

Hey Doss, my Type-30 (long rifle) Serial Number is 149845, Mum is cancelled out with a Koshikawa arsenal stamp. Left side just has Serial number and inspection stamps, one lookes like a 3 and the other I cannot ID or find in MROJ. But I can never ID most inspectors stamps. Has Finnish Civil Gaurd marking on right side of buttstock. Rifle and stock are all matching except parts of bolt. Some bolt parts are only marked with serials other parts have the 3 parts of serial # but are over stamped with other 3 # didgit. Has V notch rear sight. Doss I got this from the same source as that sandedl early Type-30 I sold you last year.
reg3boz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Model 30 - Long rifle - Sn 532XX
- Mum is intact, but has a small circle (5mm) centered and
overstamped around the center circle of the chrysanthmum
- On the left side, there are 2 stamps other than the arsenal
mark - one looks like a tic-tac-toe mark, and the other is
very small and appears to be HIRO.
- On the receiver bridge: there is a large (5mm) triangle, a
mark I can't id and a small cirlce (1mm) on the front edge
center of the bridge
- The top and bottom tangs have the Japanese numbers for
- The rear site is flat with a "V" notch.
The rifle has a brass muzzle cover and brass tipped cleaning rod

- Carbine Sn 337XX
- Mum is intact but appears to have been lightly overstamped
with 2 circles
- Left side has the arsenal mark 2 very small stamps that I
can't read. Very lightly stamped
- No marks on the receiver bridge
- Top and bottom tang marked w/ Japanese numbers 437
- Rear sight is flat "V" notch

I have had both pieces since the early '60's, before that they belonged to an Uncle. Need to find out where he got them.
Smile
Jareth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Type 30 rifle serial # 390464, full mum, matched by assembly number. Type 30 carbine serial # 25648, mum over stamped with two circles, red painted kanji on stock 17, also kanji number 33 stamped in wood as well as small ovall with a few kanji.
benblade47

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:01 pm    Post subject: type 30 Reply with quote

i have 2 type 30,s serial no. 261520 mum cancelled out with koshikawa stamp. has v notch rear sight. no other numbers. #2 serial no. 33001 has mum cancelled out with koshikawa stamp. has the flat rear sight. no other number. has small 0 on bridge.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: