Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Battle Damaged Rifles - from Banjo Mike - Iwo Jima rifle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwsiii

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Battle Damaged Rifles - from Banjo Mike - Iwo Jima rifle Reply with quote

Quote:
This rifle was found in a cave well after the battle. Note the pitting and entry and exit hole. I have always liked battle damaged weapons and will list another few items soon. How about seeing someone else's finds.
Banjomike
The rifle from Iwo Jima is a 22nd series Ser. No. 52182 Kokura

Last edited by gwsiii on Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
gwsiii

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Battle Damaged Rifle - Guadalcanal Reply with quote

Quote:
This one was hit twice! Notice the sight was hit when it went through the stock and hit the barrel. Also the trigger guard took a glancing hit. 24th series Ser. No. 85992 Kokura Banjomike

Last edited by gwsiii on Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mike Rockhill

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

couldn't help but add some pics off my 2 battle damaged rifles. The first is a 2nd series about 50k range. This is the shrapnel entrance hole. A section of the stock is pushed out on the reverse side. The chunk of shrapnel is still in the stock and can be seen with a flashlight.

The second rifle is also a 2nd series about 10k (going off memory) and has a glancing hit to the rear band. The band was fairly deformed by what appears to be a .30 bullet. The damaged wood expanded back into the path the bullet had made into the exposed portion of the stock. You can see some one tried unsuccessfully to pry the band back out.

gwsiii

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: child's trainer Reply with quote

Here's a child's trainer with shrapnel in the stock and sling, I posted a description of the rifle and accessories as a different topic. Decent rifle, bought with a 26th series Nagoya Type 38, ground, but mint condition with matching d/c. Vet had been in European theater (sent back a few mausers) and finished his tour in the Pacific theater and brought back this rifle with sling.

gwsiii

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: Battle Damaged Jinsen Reply with quote

Here is a 30th series Jinsen Type 38 with a little battle damage, looks like an errant piece of shrapnel made a hit on the left side, I haven't checked to see if its still in the stock, rifle is 2.5 k range, exact number escapes me at the moment.

lambo35

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an early National Elecrtric type 30 bayonet with battle damage to the pommel.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: bayonet Reply with quote

that is pretty neat, you don't see a whole lot of battle damages bayonets. Thanks for sharing it with us. Trey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: