Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

type 30???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yockey5

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:44 am    Post subject: type 30??? Reply with quote

My son has a bringback from WWII Phillipines that was left to him by his grandfather. It has all metal handle(stamped metal), and quite rusted now. What is your thinking on this? Where made, any value other than sentimental?

Don
gwsiii

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: Type 30 Reply with quote

The only metal gripped Japanese bayonets I'm aware of are training bayonets, all military production bayonets have wooden grips as far as I know. If you could post a picture that would be the most helpful. If not, try and describe any markings on it and their locations. Are the blade edges blunted or sharp? Training bayonets are generally blunt. Is it possible the grips are just missing? Thanks for posting! Trey
yockey5

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: type 30? Reply with quote

The bayo has much rust from laying unattended since it was brought back in late '45. The blade has the most on it. The blade is a sharp point, and the metal handle is correct to this bayonet, nothing was over it and it has a stamped ridge towards the top side grip area. It looks exactly like any of the type 30s except for the handle. Could this be a very late manufacture? I will try to get pics. I will not be allowed to look into the rust for stampings. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: