Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Collectors Meeting In Mississippi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
riceone

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Collectors Meeting In Mississippi Reply with quote

We are having our second annual meeting of Gun Collectors the first Friday and Saturday, Feb 1 and 2, 2008. thats just three weeks or so from now. Its at my farm show in Cleveland, MS. Cleveland is 110 mi. south of Memphis, 110 north of Jackson and about 250 mi. from Birmingham. We will have Supper (dinner to yankees) Friday nite and dinner (noon meal) at the Shop Saturday. Plenty of motels within 3 miles of meeting. All are invited. Saturday night all will go to a local resturant. riceone

DEFUC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someday Roy, Id really love to get over your way and see that farming operation of yours, and that magniicent gun collection. I dont see it happening this febuary tho,Looks like a great get together.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Land of the 'Ricing Sons' Reply with quote

My Dad and I will be there, I took Type 44 Carbines last year, will try and bring something different this year. Looking forward to it Roy! Trey
oopy38

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Riceone Meeting Reply with quote

Last year was really great! I met lots of new friendly collectors and saw lots of new things we don't see at the shows in the Birmingham & Nashville areas. I look forward to seeing old friends from last year and meeting new ones. It is a nice way to spend a weekend! If you were not there last year, I think you will really enjoy it! Try to be there if you can! Garnett Stancil, Trey's dad.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: update Reply with quote

My Dad and I should be there early Friday Afternoon, I'm bringing pistols, if there's anything anyone wants me to bring let me know. Come on by and see us! Trey
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: meeting Reply with quote

Just got back from the Riceone get together. A great time was had by all. You just can't beat these events no matter how small or large.

Here's a few photos of some of the 'junk' there. I didn't take many pictures of the displays, wish I had, there were some nice ones. If you went and have some pictures, please post them. Trey

DEFUC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your pistols and stuff look good,thats a darn nice grouping you've got...Good picture of "the old timers" too.
type-14

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I missed a good get together. I hate it when work gets in the way of collecting.
lambo35

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trey, what was for sale there that might still be for sale?

Chuck.
oopy38

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Last Weekend Reply with quote

I think everyone had a great time last weekend. Lot of nice people, guns and related items, and good food. A really good way to spend a weekend talking with and learning from others. It is very nice of Roy to have this yearly get together. I look forward to next year!
gwsiii

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: for sale Reply with quote

There wasn't a lot for sale, a pretty m/m Type 44 carbine and muzzle cover, some reference books, and a few other rifles. You could have all the free kittens you wanted, they may still be available. Trey
type-14

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trey, I noticed over on the BG site about the meeting has a nice photo of you digging into the chow Wink
Francis C. Allan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this meeting is repeated next year I'll plan on attending. Just too busy this year with the re-modeling project. Sorry that I missed it.

Frank

(386) 445-4225
riceone

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one enjoyed this show more than my family and I. Its a privledge for us to host this event and it will be the same date next year. I think some people like the kittens more than the guns. I hope more can come next year. Thanks to all. Roy
DEFUC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

next year Im going to be there. already working it out with ,she that must be obeyed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: