Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PFC Jacklyn H. Lucas USMC Pacific Theater MOH Recipient

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Remembering Our Veterans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwsiii

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: PFC Jacklyn H. Lucas USMC Pacific Theater MOH Recipient Reply with quote

PFC Jacklyn Harrell Lucas USMC, born February 14, 1928 died June 5, 2008.

PFC Lucas was a United States Marine who was awarded the Medal of Honor for his heroic actions during the Iwo Jima campaign at age 17 becoming the youngest Marine to win this prestigious award. He enlisted at age 14 by forging his Mother's signature on the enlistment papers.

While in the Corps, Lucas earned: The Medal of Honor, the Purple Heart; Presidential Unit Citation; Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal with one bronze star; American Campaign Medal and the World War II Victory Medal.

More information from:
Associated Content (very nice story from 2006)
Wikipedia.org
MSNBC
CNN
FoxNews
riceone

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was privledged to meet Jack at the Iwo Jima re-enactment in Fredricksburg, Texas several years back. I met him again at the Louisville, Ky gun show in 2007 and bought his book. Sad to hear of his death. riceone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Remembering Our Veterans All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: