Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Finally got one

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
car99

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:43 pm    Post subject: Finally got one Reply with quote

I've been looking on and off for years for a type 99 to replace the one foolishly given away many years ago. Walked into a gun store in Anchorage last month and found a Toyo Kogyo series 30! No pod or cover, but had cleaning rod. I think the condition is good to very good, some blueing remains, rifling looks great, wood is red with the usual marks & dings. Numbers & arsenal marks match. The amazing thing to me is this one is better than the transition model I sold for beer money. A data sheet is on the way to Bama, also was not sure which forum to post on. Tried to register but the page wouldn't come up.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:28 am    Post subject: Finally Got one... Reply with quote

Sounds Great, the 30th series from Toyo Kogyo is one of the nicest looking 99 short rifles in good condition. As to registering, it may be due to this software and your ISP (internet service provider), the PhpBB software used for this board has a standard check against your machines id on the net, that validates up to the last 3 or so positions of the address, aol and others frequently change more than these positions so the software thinks you're some sort of evil spammer trying to do multiple nasties and keeps you from being able to log in. I'm researching fixing this, but am afraid to make changes due to possibility of 'hacks'. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks for posting! Trey
admin
Batta No Kami

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Car99 Reply with quote

Been reading up on your login trouble, if you're using aol, connect to the internet as normal, then minimize the aol window, access this site using internet explorer, mozilla or other browser. Mozilla is pretty quick and downloadable at www.mozilla.org. When you access the forum, be sure to do it with mozilla or ie doing the navigating, this might clear it up. Or at least that is what the help place says. Trey
car99

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:21 am    Post subject: Two more Reply with quote

Two museums opened on this island (Dutch Harbor) in the last five years to take advantage of the cruise ship trade and each has an Arisaka. One has a T44, the other a T38 and I think they were given by the natiional archives.
Because of sites like this and others I think I'll be able to ID these pieces and get back to you. It makes you wonder how many are locked away still in government hands.
The server isn't AOL here it's arctic.net if that makes any difference. No matter I'll keep trying.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:20 am    Post subject: Server - Web Browser Reply with quote

Sorry, I meant 'web brower'. When you connect to the internet you get issued an 'IP' address, (internet protocol or something like that), which consists of a group of numbers that identifies your 'location'. Each internet service provider is allocated a range of these, some of them routinely change these numbers in mid-click, so when you try to sign up, you're at one address, but when you hit enter, you're at another and to prevent 'spamming' or malicious intent, the software blocks your command, and prevents you from registering or logging in. Using a different browser sometimes prevents this changing of the ip address and allows you to do everything normally. It looks like you did get registered though. The rifles sound interesting, keep us posted on them, I'm quite fond of Type 44s! Trey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: