Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AGCA Gunshow Oct. 18,19 Birmingham AL (pictures added 10/20)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwsiii

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject: AGCA Gunshow Oct. 18,19 Birmingham AL (pictures added 10/20) Reply with quote

My Dad and I will be at the AGCA show in Birmingham AL this weekend. Been working a lot this week, so only a small 1 table display, See the AGCA Website for more info.

Hope to see you there. Trey

Last edited by gwsiii on Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
gwsiii

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: show Reply with quote

The Fall AGCA show has come and gone. As usual, it was a social event with an unscripted scavenger hunt in progress, full time. Some of the treasures noted and acquired by various attendees: What appears to be a paper and cardboard child's training belt with bayonet frog (child's trainer bayonet fits in to it nicely!) that is an exact match in color and construction to the paper and cardboard ammunition pouches I've seen. A nice 3rd series 99 matching with all goodies, a minty 8th series match/mum with bayonet and period equipment strap, a Type 38 rifle with bayonet, photos and history, a minty Leather Type 14 holster with unusual kanji, a few Japanese Training rifles in various stages of completeness and disrepair, and possibly the buy of the show, around 100 or so rounds of original japanese ammunition: 4 or so boxes mostly sealed (but taped/lacquered) 8mm type 14 ammo, and 40 original loose rounds of 7mm Baby Nambu ammo, wow! Fools and their money are soon parted, I bought a 'Crazy Frog' visible on the right side of the table.

A pretty busy show, 650+ tables, with a mixture of of old and new items. 16 very nice displays. The three Japanese displays did well in the final judging.
The top 3 prizes are sort of a best of show for Weapons, Accessories, and Edged weapons.
My 'Pair of Paratroopers' finished 4th overall (2nd weapons), Alsaka's 'Japanese Brownings' finished 6th overall (4th weapons), and CrazyJapaneseCop's 'Japanese Militaria' finished just out of the top 10.

'A Pair of Paratroopers'

'Japanese Brownings'

'Japanese Militaria'

type-14

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a really decent show and after viewing the photos I'm sorry to have missed it. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: