Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

rare type 94 pistol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kablam

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: rare type 94 pistol Reply with quote

Anyone know why this pistol sold for $7k?

*EXTREMELY RARE JAPANESE TYPE 94 SEMI-AUTO PISTOL. SN 8. Cal. 8 mm Nambu. Extremely rare Type 94 pistol with blue finish, 4" bbl & checkered black composition grips. It has Japanese characters on left side of frame & slide with Nagoya arsenal mark & other Japanese characters on right side. It also has production date code "10.6" & sgl digit serial number. Accompanied by an all nickel matching numbered magazine & an orig russet brown leather holster with nickel snap cover. PROVENANCE: Dr. Frank Miller Estate Collection. CONDITION: Extraordinarily fine, appears to be new & unfired. Retains virtually all of its strong orig commercial type finish with only light spots of rust on left front end of slide. Grips are crisp showing no wear. Magazine is also crisp. Holster is extremely fine with a few nicks & scratches, missing straps. Mechanics are crisp, brilliant shiny bore. 4-36217 JR304 (3,000-5,000)

This came from http://www.juliaauctions.com. I looked at it, and it was in perfect condition, but I thought collecting these were like collecting Chau Chats?
gwsiii

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: pistol Reply with quote

first month of production, I'd think that was a steal....Trey
kablam

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note to self..read description twice Rolling Eyes

I wish I had stayed. They was an perfect condition late war type 14 that went for $500.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: pistols Reply with quote

I'm guilty of mis-reading descriptions myself....Have done it many times, and probably many more. Trey
type-14

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been waiting to hear how much it went for and at that price I now know how long my bid lasted. Crying or Very sad Was the 7K the final price or does the lucky buyer still have to add on the 15% sellers premium? When I called about it the gent I talked to said it was one of the nicest in overall in the whole auction and it was getting a ton of attention. Any idea when they are going to post the prices realized?
kablam

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That inlcudes the 15%. The prices are up on the website now. I'm certainly no expert, but the milling and finish on that t 94 was far better than the others I have seen. It looked like it was made last week.
type-14

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for letting us know the prices were posted and your correct that 16 date is nice and the price was excellent!
fg42

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: T 94 #s 7 - 8? -9 together sgain? Reply with quote

When I was at the last Louisville Gun show I had the pleasure to meet in person a collector from the Northwest. I had years earlier sold him T14 2.1 date # 116 it is still the lowest 2.1 Known. He also owns T94 # 7 the lowest # known he told me he had recently been offered and bought T 94 # 9. He said he knew that # 8 was coming up in an auction. That put him in the position of being able to put #s 7 8 9 back together again. He said he didn't have to buy it if it was going too high though, but it would be a nice thing to do. I am sure that you would agree to that. I don't know if he was the winner of the bidding but I will bet he was one of the last 2 bidding. Was anyone at the auction? Do you know who bought # 8? Bob Benson
gwsiii

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: update Reply with quote

Thanks for the update, had I had the money, I'd have tried for it as well. You never, every pay too much, you just buy it a little too soon. Trey
fg42

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read on gunboards that a member saw #s 7 8 9 together again so he did buy #8 to put the set together. Boy I would love to find #6 or a # below that. Bob Benson
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: