Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alabama Gun Collector's Show pics (AGCA) March 23-24 2009

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwsiii

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Alabama Gun Collector's Show pics (AGCA) March 23-24 2009 Reply with quote

The AGCA show was last weekend, wasn't sure I was going to make it, so I didn't post anything about it. A couple of injuries forced cancellation of the campout so 'We three Garnetts' all made the show after all.

Attendance and goody wise, an excellent show again this time. Whether it was hysteria or just wanting to get out and get some history, attendance was heavy both days. I was a day late and a dollar short on about 3 things that I'd finally decided I needed so I got a little more aggressive as time was running out on Sunday.

Here are pictures of some of the displays.
Early Colts:

US Military Arms, Edged Weapons, and Accessories:

10 Inch Garand Bayonets:

Best of Show - Japanese Knee Mortars:

Nagoya-Nambu Pistols:

Of note: I displayed my consecutive pair of Izawa 9th rifles and Alsaka displayed his consecutive pair of Type 14 Nagoya-Nambu Pistols, and Type-14 found a rifle consecutive to his, and one from another arsenal with the same serial number. I hate it when pistol guys start getting in to rifles.....It was a bizarre weekend for 'number watchers'.

I found several 'notes' in my wallet, at one point I was talking to 3 or 4 people at the same time, if I owe you an email, picture, or follow up, shoot me an email and remind me what you're looking for. I've got a few more pictures at home, I'll try and post tonight. Trey
type-14

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trey, Good photos and a good show overall and well worth the drive for me to make. Getting a lot of exercise chasing numbers that for sure and I don't even collect them rifles.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: show Reply with quote

Dale, thanks, just teasing about the pistol guys....Now those US Military Collectors that......Awww, nevermind...... Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: