Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Daves guard dogs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEFUC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Daves guard dogs Reply with quote

seems the picture feature is working fine....my new gun room guards.
arisakadogs

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ain't much that's sweeter than new puppies, until they start to destroy. When everyone survives that - it's all good. I love dogs
DEFUC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I needed to check the picture feature was working,and that was the first picture on my camera.picture hosting is working fine.Those guys mom was a souvineer of my last trip to Blevins gathering 2 yrs ago.Got talking dogs one night with BillS and his sidekick and got told about a huge flea market up in tennessee (clearwater,sweetwater somesuch place) so when I left valleyhead,going north I swung over that way (whats another 150 miles on a trip like mine) and looked for a blue merle chihuahua.On the way into the place there were 2 gals selling puppies,but they were yorkies,I looked anyway andone of them was the sweetest and most forward little girl you ever saw, came right to me, climbed up in my arms and snuggled down on my forearm,wonderful little dog(sort of wish the younger of the 2 sellers had been so inclined Twisted Evil ) just not what I wanted..I looked thru the market, didnt find what I wanted and on the way back out I stopped and looked at the yorkie again and decided if it was less than $200 Id take her, I asked and the older gal complained how hot it was getting and said if I wanted the dog for $150 I could have it,well thats under $200 so I was in southern tennessee with a 6 wk old yorkie and a 1900 mile drive home in my SUV/motorhome ( 15 rifles,ammo,sleeping gear,coolers,whatever of treys stuff id "accidently" loaded in my rig,and my fat butt already in there and explorers aint that large) .I stopped at walmart and got her a dish and some food (which she didnt like ) and headed north,couldnt get her to eat,so i stopped at a roadside rest for some water and got one of those giant icecream sandwiches,she wanted some so i gave her a taste and she went wild,so I drove the rest of the way home stopping every few hours to feed her an icecream sandwich.then i got home unpacked and told the G/F Id gotten the large dog keeper at a flea market but didnt mention the puppy, she went to unpack some of my stuff and suddently "something moved " in my gear (with her love of things that crawl around like spiders and snakes ,she approaches my gear from down south with extreme caution anyway) so she freaked and then looked inside and spotted her present...Its the memories of the fellowship and adventures that make the gatherings such a great time.I can go look at guns anywhere but the time spent with everyone else in this hobby is far beyond any cost and so worth it.The time spent with Trey (they just dont make folks like him very often)as well as ,DonV,Bobby,Gunnar,Shannon and Mike,Bob B,BillS and the rest (even that flower collector guy) are some of the best times Ive ever had and the minute on shootout ends Im counting the days and saving up til the next .
fg42

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: pups Reply with quote

Do the pups live by Ice cream sandwiches alone like their parent? Dave I am also looking forward to Seeing you and all the fine gentlemen you listed and the all the others that make the time there so great. I am glad you can come back this year. I hope Gunnar and his dad and the others who skipped last year rejoin us also. The Blevins shootout is a great experiance.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:06 am    Post subject: shoot Reply with quote

"Finest Kind" is the phrase that comes to mind to describe the people at the Memorial Day shoot on "Blevins Mountain," really looking forward to it again this year. Trey
riceone

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, you should write a novel, you go the gift of gab. I have missed the last two meeting, I plan on being there this time. I miss seeing you and the rest. roy
riceone

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got my room in Fort Payne for Friday and Saturday nights. I'll see you all about noon Friday. Looking forward to it. roy
gwsiii

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: blevins Reply with quote

Looking forward to it Roy.... Trey
DEFUC

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my ducks almost in a row for this year.My plan is to drop in and impose on a friend of mine down in Warrior for a day or two and then head for "the mountain" ,with as much of his horde as I can sneak into my truck.Looking forward to seeing you all there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: