Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Arisaka T38??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:13 am    Post subject: Arisaka T38?? Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I've posted here once before, and I finally aquired an Arisaka, needless to say I'm pleased with the rifle, but I've a couple of questions, I'm almost 100% positive it's a T38, but I might be wrong, won't be the first time that's happened to me LOL. Anyway, my questions are simple (hopefully): Assuming I'm right, and it IS a t38, where can I find a full stock for it? The previous owner has cut the stock off halfway up the forearm, and while it doesn't seem to affect performance, I'd like a full stock for it. Secondly, how can I be absolutely sure what type of Arisaka I have? Thanks guys
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 7:25 am    Post subject: Arisaka Reply with quote

Ken, welcome to the world of Arisakas, take a look here, it's the 'type identification page', I've got pictures of most of the receiver/chamber type markings postings there. As to where to find a stock, you just have to keep looking. You can post your needs in the 'wanted/buy/sell/trade' section here and on other forums. Watch ebay, auction arms, and gunbroker as well. Expect to pay $50-$150 for a decent stock. You might pick up a lightly refinished one at the lower end. When looking for a stock, you also need to know what arsenal/series your gun is. The arsenal/series mark page is here. Generally anything with one gas port below the chamber markings is a type 99, or 7.7 and two gas ports are found on Type 38s and 44 carbines or 6.5 rifles. Thanks for posting and let us know what you find out. Trey
Ken

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Trey, the rifle shoots 6.5x50mm or the 6.5 'Japanese' as it's more commonly refered to, I've heard tales of the elusive T97 Sniper version. I'll definitely be doing research with the links you've posted. I appreciate the help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: