Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bastille Day 2009

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1886lebel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Bastille Day 2009 Reply with quote

Here are a few pictures of the event that Tony and myself did for Bastille Day.
I am sorry the pictures are a bit dark but we were inside all day as it was 100 degrees outside and A/C was going so you can imagine where we stood around for the event ... Inside.
We had alot of people come visit us, there were a few gentleman who were in the French Army at one time, they liked my impression and knowledge on the WWI French poilu, weapons and equipment.
Alot of people commented that my French was very good considering that I had learned alot of it on my own. One lady who was there teaches French language and is going to give me lessons so that I can speak conversational French.
One of the gentleman was a military news correspondent/ photographer for a French newspaper, he had served in the Colonial forces in Indochine at Dien Bien Phu and later in many other parts of world. His last stint was in Balkans in the 1990's as now he has retired and is living here in NM.
We also had a gentleman from Switzerland who was in the Swiss military and served on the French and Italain border during WWII, he said he loved his Schmidt-Rubin M1911 he carried during his military carrer.
Tony's impression was also much appreciated as well, he looked sharp in that uniform Smile .... Now to get him to CA so the Austro-Boche will have someone to really HATE !!! ;D. ( I got this 1917 dated American-French Soldiers Handbook and that is how the Austro-Hungarians were called, Germany was called la Bochie. American soldiers were called le Biffin (Doughboy) )
Patrick

gwsiii

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: layout Reply with quote

Very nice! I try to do something similar for our Cub Scout pack on Veterans Day. Thanks for posting! Trey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: