Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

29-8-09 Pensacola report

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
type-14

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:59 am    Post subject: 29-8-09 Pensacola report Reply with quote

Normal show in regards to things Nambu, little to none. One sorry Type-94 that someone had buffed in preparation of re-bluing and it is such a lazy job that they left the mag in the frame when buffing it. Bottom of a Type-IV mag buffed clean while the remainder was still blue.

Saw a very nice Type-99 1st series complete with monopod and mum. All matching except dust cover. Monopod has proper markings. Has a bullet or shrapnel damage to stock near buttplate and stock repair that appears to be a post war job. At one time had a metal tag of some sort nailed to stock which is gone. Also had some of the most complete bring back papers that I ever seen. Down side was it was for sell, gent brought it to me so I could get the data from it for ya Trey.

Actually a couple of nice swords all over priced in my book and then to cap off the show a great display of current Chinese manufacture of not only Japanese sword but also German dress swords you could have ever seen. Most likely unpacked from their shipping container just prior to show set up.

Also, had a member from the greater AGCA set up with a small table selling a few german items and fishing for swords. Had a good chat with him.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: report Reply with quote

Dale, thanks for the report....Looking forward to the sheet....Trey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: