Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

State of the hobby

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kavan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: State of the hobby Reply with quote

I went to a well attended gun show in Southwest Missouri last weekend. I was looking forward to comparing my early Type 99 with others and perhaps pick up a side item or two. I was able to find a couple of pricey stripper clips for the 7.7 ammo, and look at couple of $135.00 bayonets but that was about it. Lots of Swedish and dated European firearms, but no Japanese military and little U.S. for that matter. Can't believe the price on a well used M1.

I am seeing new 7.7 ammo now priced at $55.00 a box.

I did see some ammo advertised the other day for $15.00 in a box of 20 that said it was 7.7 Japanese, but was recycled from former 30/6 brass. How good is this stuff ?
gwsiii

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: state of the collection Reply with quote

Ammo is going up, rifles are going up, I'd be embarrased to ask some of the prices I see being asked. On the ammo, check with Mac McCurdy, his contact info is here. Trey
DEFUC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prices are way off, not just high but screwy,some stuff is making ridiculous money,while other really good stuff isnt selling at all. Ive got about 10 guns for sale right now,and cant give em away,everyone wants $150 guns regardless of arsenal,then on the otherside of the coin the gun I did sell lately was a mismatched mummed S-5 ,it sold for 1.5x what it should have(guy passed over 4 matching jins to buy the M/M nagoya ,without even haggling).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: