Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Brief Hello...New Guy to Board

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnconrad1987

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: A Brief Hello...New Guy to Board Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,
My name is John and this is my first post on Castle-Thunder. I am a student working on a MA in Military History and looking at finding a career in the museum world. I have been collecting since I turned 18 and at the ripe old age of 22, the madness continues with my limited funds. My first Japanese rifle was a Type 99 First Series Nagoya w/o mum. I recently have picked up a Type 44 in pristine condition and perhaps got over excited and picked up a sporterized Mudken Type 38 Carbine w/ mum (I will eventually be putting out a plea...WTB for parts to restore this rifle). Any advice would be appreciated.

I am going to work on getting the data sheets in on all three of my rifles to further our understanding of these amazing pieces of history. I look forward to learning from the experts.
~John~

Arisaka Type 38 (Mudken No Series-Sporterized)
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:37 am    Post subject: forum Reply with quote

John, welcome to the forum. Very nice pieces to start with. Looking forward to a datasheet on the 7.7 'pearl of the orient'. Be sure to take some time to buy the appropriate books. They'll save you big dollars in the long run. Type 44s are just about my favorites. As to parts, that's going to be a tough one, original Hoten carbine parts are hard to come by. Watch at shows for cheaply priced imports, and pick up and price every carbine that you see. I would not have picked up the last 'parts' carbine I got if it hadn't had a big price tag on it that said cheap cheap cheap....I got a current chinese stock/handguard, tokyo bolt/receiver and the other normal parts....The current Chinese reproduction stocks may still be available. You'll have to look around for them, at one time MarkSteve had a link to them on the old EZboard forums. If you have any questions, please let us know. Thanks for posting. Trey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: