Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

seems like a good site
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chucksniper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:15 am    Post subject: seems like a good site Reply with quote

too bad nobody really responds to posts.
DEFUC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I must have missed something, I generally respond ,if theres any input I can offer worth sharing,as does Trey,and a few others(unless my input is redundant to what they said,in which case I let them cover it) . I normally check the board daily to see whats new.
chucksniper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda scan the number of posts and responses don't come close at all.
oopy38

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Non Response? Reply with quote

Chucksniper, What kind of response are you expecting? Please give an example of an earlier post that you feel was not responded properly to.
chucksniper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: research Reply with quote

maybe I just expect too much from these forums.
swadle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

everyone has been really helpful to me.
Francis C. Allan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: Replys Reply with quote

Many of us reply as best we can and when we have some information available that may help answer a question. However, some things are simply not known and thus we do not reply.

If you have an example or question that you would like answered please post it and we will have a look and see if we can help.

Frank

(386) 445-4225
wilbur46

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject: replies Reply with quote

I'm a new user. Check my thread on my Manchu Arisaka.
I got more help and info here than anywhere else I asked. And from people who actually know what their talking about.
Ask your question.
Regards, Wilbur
gwsiii

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: comment Reply with quote

I work full time, have 2 kids, do yardwork and go to shows on weekends. I stay pretty busy. If the question is out of my area and I can't comfortably answer it, I try to find someone to address the question. Most of the time they do, sometimes they don't. I'm asking them to do a favor for me, for the poster. I'm not paying them to answer, and I'm not going to demand an answer. When it ceases to be fun, its not a hobby. So have fun, and be nice.

I started this forum because a friend asked me if I could. I could. So it's here. I pay for it myself. Its not free. Occasionally I receive a donation. I continue doing it because I like to help other people.

I believe that 'mean people suck!' If a newbie encounters one of those his first time out it can have an adverse affect on whether or not he persists
with collecting in this field. I was lucky enough to be from Alabama and centrally located to 3 major collectors of Japanese Militaria and several extremely knowledgeable collectors (including my Dad) in other fields. Each has always spent the time to answer my questions as best they could, showing me examples of good (original), bad (bubba), and 'what do you think about this' (probably bubba but wouldn't it be neat if it were original) sort of stuff. These guys built sizeable collections before the days of the internet, there was no 'sniping' on an online auction. You got there the 'fustest with the mostest' or you didn't get it. Remember, its a hobby, not a competition! When it ceases to be fun sell all your junk to me for $100 a month and go fishing.

I'll tell you what I think if I believe it to be true, I get jumped on with both feet by others when I theorize, so I don't do that online any more, that's for the camp fire. I don't like to debate (argue), especially over the internet. Its like trying to teach a pig to sing, its impossible and annoys the snot out of the pig. Remember, once you post something on the internet, it is there forever. Be nice or be remembered for your meanest post. Just my 2% of that dollar.
chucksniper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody here knows how to use the sights on a T99, instead they guess?
03man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chucksniper,
you got a good answer on your sight question.

What are you doing? Trying to pick a fight? Or just trolling for a response?
chucksniper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: fight? no... right answers yes. Reply with quote

gwsiii wrote...

For the adjustable sights seems like its 100 meters flipped down. Flip it up and raise the slide and shoot through the open 'half-moon cup' at the base for 200,????? move the slide back down for 300, and then up in to the notches shooting through the peep.

Fixed rear sights Honeycutt lists as being 300 meters.

the ladder starts at 300. the fixed can't be what the ladder starts at.

The half moon was milled to keep out of the fixed sights way.
Garandshtr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: I agree this is a great spot! Reply with quote

I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for. I think this is a great site, and I visit when I can. I'm not even close to an expert like Trey and Frank, but they are acknowledged experts in the field. Always willing to tell what they know, rather than speculate. DEFUC and oopy are other posters always ready to help newbies like me!
My experience comes more from shooting my rifles, rather than an impressive collection, so take what I say with a grain of salt, since it might apply only to a single specimen.
A good place to learn more about Japanese weapons!

Mark
oopy38

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: fight? no... right answers yes. Reply with quote

chucksniper wrote:
gwsiii wrote...

For the adjustable sights seems like its 100 meters flipped down. Flip it up and raise the slide and shoot through the open 'half-moon cup' at the base for 200,????? move the slide back down for 300, and then up in to the notches shooting through the peep.

Fixed rear sights Honeycutt lists as being 300 meters.

the ladder starts at 300. the fixed can't be what the ladder starts at.

The half moon was milled to keep out of the fixed sights way.

If you know the answer, why did you ask?
chucksniper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: I agree this is a great spot! Reply with quote

Garandshtr wrote:
I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for. I think this is a great site, and I visit when I can. I'm not even close to an expert like Trey and Frank, but they are acknowledged experts in the field. Always willing to tell what they know, rather than speculate. DEFUC and oopy are other posters always ready to help newbies like me!
My experience comes more from shooting my rifles, rather than an impressive collection, so take what I say with a grain of salt, since it might apply only to a single specimen.
A good place to learn more about Japanese weapons!

Mark

[/quote] I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for??

My original question was about the fixed sight. What is it zeroed at?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: