Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

seems like a good site
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Garandshtr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh. Sorry, I didn't see your other post. My type 99 seems to be zeroed at about 200 yards, but I'm using my handloads, rather than any factory ammo. Mr. Nambu's round seems to be very mild, and that's the only other ammo I have tried.
I would say Trey's post about 300 yards (meters?) would be right for the fixed peep, though I haven't fired at that distance myself.

Mark
03man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take your rifle out and shoot it, then you will know and you won't have to deal with us incompetents here.
DEFUC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its 200/300 and 300 for the fixed peep, however I cant cite a specific reliable documentation/source ,tho '03 is as close to a "reliable source" as it gets ,just my experience..I can also say having shot innumerable military arms,regardless of ones training,every rifleman uses the sight slightly differently which changes POA a little .I find I have to aim high to hit center at 250 from the low setting say 8 ring /12 oclock,for another it may be more or less depending on how much post they use,some folks allow I shoot pretty good,I aint give it much thought jus been doin it fer the last 35 or so yrs,got me a pretty ribbon once way back,and even better ,I won some money off this snooty LT. Colonel from virginia onct,LOL.but they teach kids now to hold different than back when I was learnin to shoot stuff fer the pot,best scenerio try your gun with various ammo at 200 and find where it suits you best.Theyve been translating the T99 manual but Im not aware of what they decided on the exact sight increments or if its the same for all the arsenals even.
chucksniper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: finally..... Reply with quote

You familiar with.... www.japanesecollector.com

Ralph,

I figured it out 100%. Pulled out the manual and had my Japanese buddy translate it. You ready?

The peep when the leaf is down is 100 meters, u-notch with the leaf flipped up is the 200 meters, and then the peep on the leaf elevator is 300 meters to 1,500 meters in 100 meter increments as per the markings.
200 meter sight point is in a very inconspicuous location. You flip up the leaf, you pull up the elevator and what you see is a u-notch on the bottom of the leaf, center is the 200 meter sight point.

Great question for which we both got answers to. You learn something new everyday. I'll have to make a FAQ page on the website and add this question to it.

Thanks again keep the questions coming.
Daniel MacRaild
www.japanesecollector.com

[/b]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: