Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Countdown to Shootout 2010 and beyond
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEFUC

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Countdown to Shootout 2010 and beyond Reply with quote

Time to firm up your plans to attend and start packing...10 days til I enhance my collection by looting all Treys stuff when he's not looking Twisted Evil
gwsiii

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject: spear and magic helmet Reply with quote

And with my Spear and Magic Helmet I shall rescue my lost belongings forthwith, or fifthwith, whichever comes first...shortly before or after you arrive....whichever comes first....
DEFUC

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fifthwith, I think fifthwith is how you get distracted in the first place...at least theres a fifth involved somehow.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: wise Reply with quote

wise beyond his ears, this one, he is....
Garandshtr

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: bummed Reply with quote

I'm still bummed out because I'm going to miss it. Can't find a place to offload the kids.
Take lots of pictures!

thanks,
Mark
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: countdown Reply with quote

Countdown To 2011 Shootout

Last edited by gwsiii on Mon May 31, 2010 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
DEFUC

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just filled the tank on the truck, loaded the last 2 duffle bags and made the bed.I have to load some snacks for the ride,my blood sugar test supplies(hopefully my box from Ellis arrives tomorrow) and the camera,and put the truck in drive..almost down to hours now.
oopy38

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Count Down Continues Reply with quote

Well, if we are counting down, I have reserved a room at the Holiday Inn at Ft Payne as I am too old to sleep on the ground or in my small car. I may allow my son to bring my Baby Nambu, but don't anyone give him any ammo to shoot in it! Plans are to spend the night in Birmingham on Thursday (Trey will be gone and I can plunder his toys Very Happy ) and get up early and drive to the Blevins plantation with my grandson, G4, on Friday. I think he has 3 ammo cans full of various calibers. See you all there. Safe driving to all!
gwsiii

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:03 am    Post subject: shoot Reply with quote

I'll have you know it shot just fine Twisted Evil once we took the rock Shocked out of the back of the firing pin....
gwsiii

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: uh oh Reply with quote

Uh oh, some strange man with UP plates just pulled up, I keep hearing chickens and the theme from Deliverance....
gwsiii

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: wanted Reply with quote

Wanted: 42 Type 99 short rifle rods....Experimenting with mint juleps...
gwsiii

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 6:33 am    Post subject: send more rods Reply with quote

all my mums and rods are gone, none of my bolts match and all my stocks have been refinished...Semi-Wilted-"Fresh" Mint is 2.49 + tax at Winn Dixie....Which way did he go?
gwsiii

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:04 am    Post subject: Shootout 2010 Reply with quote

D-Day - 5 (Sunday) through D-Day - 2
The festivities began shortly after local Church services on Sunday. Diamond Dave rolled in to town in the Green Dragon (green and drags horses and stuff to market) with a truckload of beverages and wares.

The days progressed quietly and 'grease was applied heavier and thicker the longer we went'. We took mini-trips to 'Little China in AL', 'The Grasshoppers Den of Sin', The world renowned 'Birmingham Pistol Parlor', and 'Southern Appraisals'. Bargains were noted at each station along the way, and some purchases made and others planned.

Food and beverage was sampled. Movies watched. A parallel was drawn between the age old battle of Godzilla vs. Megalon to the more modern Southern battle in regards to Kudzu vs. Wysteria. While I personally think Godzilla rules, (a more powerful name base and just overall much cooler in general), I would tend to support Wysteria over Kudzu, Defuc was so distraught, he felt more medicinal beverage was in order.

A 'Chinese Mouser' weighing in at about 20 lbs (Mausers tend to be blue and brown while Mousers are rusty and black), was 'bathed' and reweighed in about about 8 lbs...the other 12lbs is in the floor and various cleaning cloths used, good fertile original chinese soil and rust... A one-eyed midget Chinese import rifle (Type 97 short rifle of onknown caliber) received a make over and slimmed down considerably. That little beauty was about 4 fried chickens and a replacement bolt from finding a new daddy.
Chi-Com modified Type 97 Short Rifle

Last edited by gwsiii on Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
gwsiii

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: pics Type 18 Murata being fired Reply with quote

Some Pics shooting the Type 18 (Model 1885) Murata (11X60mm Murata)

Two of our Ammo Quality Control Inspectors...These two young men, and a couple others, required that All ammo manufactured prior to 2011 was available to be tested by them in each weapon.....
C. Myers and W. Stancil

DEFUC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few I took: Trey,in his formal attire...Weldon and a comrade comparing notes,battle scars or something, and Weldon and Pal recieving instruction in the T-99 light machine gun from S.Zeigler.

The shootout was great.ILL probably write a report ,once I recover a bit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: