Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ceramic Grenades Wanted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Wanted, Buy, Sell, Trade!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texred

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Ceramic Grenades Wanted Reply with quote

I would like to get a couple of ceramic grenades for my collection. I am looking for the standard round(white or fired brown) type and would also like to acquire a couple of the "serrated" types as well. Any leads appreciated.
jcb

Location: At the computer endlessly combing the internet for Japanese Ordnance.........

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: ceramic grenades Reply with quote

Ebay bans the sale of ordnance but ceramic grenades are still being listed. Search ebay for "Japanese ceramic ball" or "Japanese type 4". Dozens of Ceramic grenades float through ebay every year. The round types (type 4) are very common. The serrated types are rare. I suggest not paying for than $90 for an unmarked excellent ceramic grenade. Prices average between $50 and $75 for the round smooth types. Expect to pay a bit more for maker marked grenades. Finding a ceramic grenade of any type with the fuze is pretty rare. The fuze is matchhead composition (scratch to ignite) inside a black rubber housing. The fuzes are rarely encountered. The most common types are white and unglazed. The usual colors are Gloss Black, Flat Black, Pea green, tan, Brown & Brown-orange.

Good luck.
Jim
JapaneseOrdnance(at)yahoo.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Wanted, Buy, Sell, Trade! All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: