Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Collector seeks Inert Japanese Ordnance(PHOTOS)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Wanted, Buy, Sell, Trade!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jcb

Location: At the computer endlessly combing the internet for Japanese Ordnance.........

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Japanese Suicide Anit Tank Lunge mine Reply with quote

Wow, 1,967 views to this page. I appreciate all who have contacted me with an interest in Inert Japanese Ammunition and Ordnance.

Here's my favorite piece of ordnance. This is a Japanese Suicide Anti-tank "Lunge" mine recovered near Clark Field, Luzon Philippines. For me this is the "Holy Grail" of Japanese Ordnance and probably the best piece in my collection. Enjoy.

Jim
JapaneseOrdnance(at)yahoo.com

gwsiii

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: stuff Reply with quote

That is a beauty! George, why don't you make us some of those?
jcb

Location: At the computer endlessly combing the internet for Japanese Ordnance.........

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Oh no!! Reply with quote

Oh I hope not!!! 50 years from now who will able to tell the difference?

Jim
gwsiii

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: stuff Reply with quote

no nothing that would be mistaken for the real thing after handling. My $30 Baby Nambu looks great from a distance, but upon closer inspection, its weight gives it away....
jcb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Japanese Inert Artillery shells and projectiles Reply with quote

Wow, 2,843 views to this page. Here's a picture of the corner of my living room. Inert Japanese shellcases, complete rounds, fuzes and related material.

Always looking for good WWII Era Inert Japanese Ordnance Material.
jcb

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Unusual Rifle Grenade identified: Chinese Type 28-Model 1938 Reply with quote

IDENTIFIED at last! WWII Nationalist Chinese Type 28 Anti-personnel Rifle Grenade. (Model 1938)
________________________________________________________________________________

I wish to thank Mr. Lin and Mr. Bin for helping me identify these. Mr. Lin is a Chinese WWII military reenactor. Mr. Bin is the leader of a Chinese Military reenactor Group here in the US. He is a Chinese weapons historian, collector, writer and also the webmaster of:

http://www.chinesefirearms.com/

China Theature WWII reenactor group Page: (the Type 28 launcher and rifle grenade are shown)

http://www.pbase.com/the_kampfer/20071116

This is a Chinese Nationalist Type 28 (Model 1938) anti-personnel rifle grenade used in the Type 28 cup launcher. There's also a phosphorus Type 28 rifle grenade as well. It has a cylindrical unserrrated sheet metal warhead with the same neck and wooden tail. Both the AP and Phosphorus types are Chinese designed and made.

This is a very interesting piece of ordnance. The quality is unusually good for Chinese late 30's-early 40's vintage ordnance. I'm fortunate to have these.

Two of these were recovered in China a few years ago. The third and best specimen came out of an old collection misidentified as Japanese experimental. Later, this grenade was owned by the late RC Nolte, a well know Japanese militaria dealer. I saw this grenade in a box under Mr. Nolte's table back in the 80's. Twenty something years later I now own it. It's funny how things work out.

Patience..............

Jim

New link to Chinese ordnance ID website showing this grenade: http://ordatamines.maic.jmu.edu/displaydata.aspx?OrDataId=1228

Last edited by jcb on Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:48 am; edited 8 times in total
jcb

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: Be at The MAX show! Will be displaying Japanese Militaria. Reply with quote

Hello.

If all goes as planned I should be displaying Rare Japanese Inert Ordnance and Military flags at the 2010 Max Militaria Show, Monroeville Convention center, Monroeville PA 7 miles east of Pittsburgh. (Thurs Nov 30, Oct 1,2 & 3) The dates are Thursday Nov 30 (Max members and table holders only), Friday, Sat (public), Sunday (Max members only) There will be 1,500 tables. I believe this is one of the best all Militaria shows in the country.

Here's the MAX website: http://www.themaxshow.com/main.htm

The Monroeville convention center (next door to the old EXPO building) http://themaxshow.com/conventioncenter.htm

Note: Before you travel you have to verify the dates, days and times at the max website.

At the Max, look for the flags pictured below. These will be hanging behind my display. The First flag is an incredibly rare WWII Imperial Japanese Prince(and family) flag. One of my very best. You rarely see Imperial flags with the Emperor's Chrysanthemum. This is a fantastic flag.

I will be displaying several Large Inert Japanese anti-tank/anti-boat mines, a Giant Ceramic mine, a suicide anti tank "Lunge" mine, an experimental anti-tank rocket projectile, a massive inert 150mm Japanese artillery 80 lb projectile, a nearly complete Japanese Deactivated Flame thrower, Japanese Admiral flags, Secretary of the navy flags and lots of other goodies. Also on display will be some of the rarer types of Inert Japanese grenades.

See you at the MAX!

Jim

Here's a few more pics of some of my Japanese Navy flags. The pictures are from the original online auctions or provided by the previous owner. I have these.

Japanese Rear Admiral:

Unusual Japanese Navy patriotic flag:

Japanese Commander flag:

Japanese Navy Senior officer flag:

Japanese Army Shooting Award honor flag:

Japanese Navy patriotic banner:

Unusual Japanese Army "Powder" explosives flag:

Wow, 5,522 views to this page. Always looking for good Japanese ordnance and military flags.

JapaneseOrdnance(at)Yahoo.com

jcb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Delete Reply with quote

Delete

Last edited by jcb on Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
jcb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Max show 2010 Display Photographs Reply with quote

FINALLY, Here are some pics of last years Max show Japanese Ordnance Display. It took a lot of effort putting this together and a lot of heavy lifting...ouch. Enjoy....

Jim

I will be back at the Max 2011 Show with a smaller ordnance display.

Max Members Thurs September 29, Open to public Friday Sept 30, Sat Oct 1st, Sun Oct 2nd.

Link To Max site: http://www.themaxshow.com/main.htm

Great show!

Jim
JapaneseOrdnance(at)Yahoo.com

lambo35

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Great thread! Reply with quote

Jim, many thanx for all the effort you put into this thread. I have read through it a few times , to catch up, I learn something new each time. I can't fathom the amount of time it has taken you to collect and put this together.

Again, thank you!
Chuck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Wanted, Buy, Sell, Trade! All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: