Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Birmingham AGCA show Fall 2010

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwsiii

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:39 am    Post subject: Birmingham AGCA show Fall 2010 Reply with quote

Its that time of year again, my Dad and I will be setting up at the AGCA Gun Show Oct. 1,2,3. So far, KReid, Type-14 will be in attendance. We usually see Lolo and a few others. Come on down and visit. Trey
DEFUC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have fun and find lots of treasures. I shall eagerly await hearing all the gory details.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Friday Reply with quote

Pickings were slim tonight, I didn't see much, displaying Type 44 Carbines. A 2nd Series Nagoya (a little rough, no pod) and its box, shipped back by a Seabee in the Aleutians was noted, a couple 97 snipers, 1 is a bit fishy (cold blue on matching? bolt). A parts Type 30, (I need if someone want so paypal a bunch of money for being a nice guy, that's fine), a few other nice 99s, some good prices, some not. As usual I'm broke, so all I can do is report. I'll try and get out a little more tomorrow and 'browse' and report back tomorrow night. If you get a chance and are in the area, come on down, I'm all the way in the back, 3 flags on easels, set up next to my Dad's (impressive) single shot display. Trey
type-14

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trey, First let me say it was great seeing you, your Dad and the others today. I think I screwed the pouch for not picking up that 8th series. Mad Still doing a bit of research on that round I picked up and will post what I find on it. A long day but well worth the trip seeing your outstanding display of Type-44's. Yours Dad's display of target pistols was outstanding as well. Again, I'll post my findings on that round a bit later.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: rifle Reply with quote

Dale, I can track the 8th down, I know who has it. Good classic 8th series, B front sight, G rear sight.....Anyone know anything about children's Kendo gear? My Dad found a 14.3 Nag-Nam Type 14, Alsaka got a 94 with a bit of history. I got a cleaning rod, Yeah me! Nice 25th series there a few other things....Ya'll should come on down. Trey
type-14

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is what I picked up at the show. Type-1 47mm AP Projectile with small MK-2 base fuze.

Fuze is Osaka 16.10 date while the projectile is Tokyo 16.12.

Traces of red and white paint marks can still be seen.

Not in the best of shape but the price was right for the condition in my book.

gwsiii

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: AGCA show Reply with quote

Pickings were slim today. I don't think I saw anything today. Alsaka displayed Japanese Weapons with History, Oopy38 displayed single shot .22 Rifles and Pistols...I displayed Type 44 Cavalry Carbines...and received Best of Show! Who'd have thought a bunch of rusty old bolt actions would get best of show?

Alsaka's Rifles with Known History....

]

Oopy38's Single Shot .22 Display

My Type 44 Cavalry Carbine display (Best of Show)

type-14

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trey, I told ya that was a good display. Congrats on best of show, ya done good.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: display Reply with quote

Thanks Dale, appreciate your help too.

Nambus noted, Tokyo 7.9 date, Tokyo 9.9 date, and Nag Nam 15.8, a type 94 and holster from Pelilieu was noted. Nagoya Nambu 2nd with 'custom' grips and holster (brown shoe polished holster, two matching mags, and spare firing pin) The most reasonably priced gun there was a ground 11th series, $175. Not an awesome show for goodies, but still enough to look at and people to talk to that I didn't realize it was time to go home, either day! Remember, a show is primarily a social event, the goodies are secondary...I saw several people I only see at this show, this time of year...Always good to see old friends and make new ones.....Hope to see ya'll in March.....
oopy38

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: AGCA SHOW Reply with quote

This really was a nice show. Some old friends visited and we talked with some new ones. I really did not think I would get much interest from my single shot .22 display, but was pleasantly surprised. I think the most comments were made about my grandson, Weldon's, Model 52 Winchester target rifle. I purchsed my 2nd Japanese pistol yesterday. Of course, since they all look alike, I really only need one! Very Happy All in all a nice weekend. All of the displays were outstanding! I am really proud of Trey's "Best of Show" award!
DEFUC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great Job ,Trey
smzeigler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trey,

Congratulations! Job well done!

Best Regards, Shannon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: