Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TMCA Show April 22,23 - 2011

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwsiii

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: TMCA Show April 22,23 - 2011 Reply with quote

I'm at the TMCA show, spotted a few things, someone please send money, there's a paypal button at the bottom of the page, the Chubby One would like a new Arisaka....

The Olde one and Mrs. Ruth are here, I've seen the minor Labar (Japbayoman), Ubemechanic, MarkSteve, Big Paul, CrazyJapaneseCop, and Big Tim. Stop by and introduce yourself if I haven't mentioned you, I'm easy to find...

For those asking as far as I know the shootout is on, I'll confirm this week....

Sights from the show:

gwsiii

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: update Reply with quote

Finally found Labar Prime (Martha), saw Swordman Jim, and Mrs. CrazyJapaneseCop, Tsuki, SonBill, WifeLynne, and GrandsonWill, gwsII,III, and IV are there too.

There is a very nice w3 50th series Hoten Type 38 there, safety is proper but m/m. Oopy38 acquired a PT-19 Rudder for a nominal fee. If we get many more airplane parts, folks will think we're remaking Flight of the Phoenix, Alabama style, more cowbell, YeeeHaaaw....Seriously, it might be cheaper to buy a whole one but where is the fun in that....

Some very nice Displays, but since I'm out of money, I've only gone down two aisles....Japbayoman has a really nice display of training bayonets and equipment, if you're in the area you need to drop in.

Lets keep those donations coming in I've almost got enough to get home Wink I'll try and update again, after the show. See ya'll later....
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Show Reply with quote

As always, it was a great show! The above Carbine display finished 3rd, CrazyJapaneseCops Iragi Militaria display finished 2nd, and The OldeOnes Knee Mortar display finished 1st. Personally, Japbayoman's Trainer display was the best, there's gadgets and configurations and variations that will make your head spin. With no dough after 5 minutes at the show, I was afraid to look around, much. Oopy38's Alpha-Omega 1911-1911A1 .45 auto display garnered lots of comments as well. As usual a good time was had by all, fine weapons, fine friends, finest kind! If you don't get out to shows, you just don't know what you are missing! Hope to see you at the next one! Trey
gwsiii

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: show Reply with quote

I forgot to mention, there were more Type 14 Nambus at this show than any other I've been to in a long time. Appeared to be some pretty nice ones. Trey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: