Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WTB: Japanese soldier ID books/shrine marked senninbari
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Wanted, Buy, Sell, Trade!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: WTB: Japanese soldier ID books/shrine marked senninbari Reply with quote

WANTED:

Imperial Japanese Army ID booklets, particularly those dated from Taisho period through to Showa 20 (1945), or Showa period exclusive ranging from 1930-1945.

Shrine stamped senninbari (1000 stitch belts), particularly those having both Shinto shrine stamps as well as Buddhist temple stamps.

Thanks!
tomp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: WTB: WW2 era IJA soldier recordbooks Reply with quote

Hey all,

Still looking for WW2 era IJA soldier record books (the booklets with the green cloth covering) to purchase. Especially ones that are vet. bringbacks. Even if you are not selling, I would love to get photocopies/scans of your booklets with ID info./entry pages if you have them. Thanks for your time.

Tom P.
tomp

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still looking for Japanese army unit handbooks as described above, part. vet. bringbacks. Also looking for Japanese diaries, and unusual Japanese paper item bringbacks. Thanks for looking!

Tom P.
tomp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still on the hunt for vet. bringback IJA ID booklets and other paperwork. Also interested in any emailed pictures of booklet pages--will do basic translation for free. I have a decent list of IJA unit codes. If you have an ID booklet with just codes written in, I might be able to figure out the unit for you.

Thanks for looking!

Tom
gwsiii

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: stuff Reply with quote

Tom, I keep meaning to ask you to post some pictures of what you're looking for to give us an idea. Post cards or pre-printed booklets and such? Flags, handkerchief? Or something else? Trey
tomp

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Trey,

Will do on the pics. Hopefully some will be up in a few days time.
Thanks!

Tom
tomp

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the front cover of a guntaitecho 軍隊手牒 (army unit hand booklet) the type of booklet I am looking for. Size is approx. 3.25 in X 4.75 in.
tomp

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pic. of back of booklet with a space for the soldier's name.
tomp

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pic. of entries within an army unit hand booklet. Please note the unit code number circled: 垣6556 (16th Division, 33rd Inf. Regiment- based on Leyte)
Please note that written entries are divided by stamped-in red circles, about the size of a pencil eraser.

tomp

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another example of a unit code found on vet. bringback IJA related paper: 満洲143 (2nd Inf. Regiment, 14th Division -- Peleliu) highlighted with a red circle.

tomp

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always looking for the above examples of Japanese paperwork, particularly those items that are veteran bringbacks. Also vet. bringback handwritten IJA/IJN postcards, loose paperwork, maps, diaries, and manuals. If you need a basic ID on any paperwork you have or any unit codes contained within that paperwork, please contact me. Thanks!

Tom
gwsiii

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: post cards Reply with quote

Can you take a look at the sling at the top of the forum http://www.castle-thunder.com/wforum/viewtopic.php?t=1272 ? I have a few things, I'll just have to post them and let you see if they are what you're looking for. Trey
tomp

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still looking for the above examples of vet. bringback paperwork. If you are curious as to the meaning of any unit codes/numbers you might have in your own collection, I would be happy to assist in any way I can. This includes Japanese dog tags. The IJA used the same sets of code kanji/numbers for both dog tags and army unit handbooks.

Tom
tomp

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still looking for the above examples of vet. bringback paperwork. If you are curious as to the meaning of any unit codes/numbers you might have in your own collection, I would be happy to assist in any way I can. This includes Japanese dog tags. The IJA used the same sets of code kanji/numbers for both dog tags and army unit handbooks. Thanks for looking!

Tom
tomp

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still on the hunt for Japanese paper vet bringbacks. This includes Japanese unit hand booklets (pictured above), diaries, manuals, maps, and letters. I also collect IJA dog tags and pay well for unusual unit designations. Even if you are not selling, please feel free to drop me a line if you have a Japanese dog tag or unit hand booklet that you would like to know more about. I would be happy to help in any way I can. Thanks for looking!

Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Wanted, Buy, Sell, Trade! All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: