Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Type 30 Carbine?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JGC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Type 30 Carbine? Reply with quote

Just picked this up today and I need some help to ID this carbine. It appears to be a Type 30, but it has a Cherry blossom stamped where you would normally see the Chrysanthemum. Any opinions on what this might be? I was thinking a trainer or school gun. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Jon

gwsiii

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: rifle Reply with quote

It looks like a copy of the Japanese Type 30 Carbine called a North China Type 30 Carbine see the datasheets here. Frank will be along to explain the particulars. Thanks for posting, looks like a nice one! These are pretty uncommon in my area. Nice find!
gwsiii

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: rifle Reply with quote

Frank is away from his references, so I looked it up in his book The Early Arisakas, these are covered in there. Basically Chinese copies of the Type 30, in 8mm Mauser caliber, several serial ranges to 400k although only about 38.5k total produced.

Last edited by gwsiii on Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
JGC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: rifle Reply with quote

gwsiii wrote:
Frank is away from his references, so I looked it up in his book The Early Arisakas, these are covered in there. Basically Chinese copies of the Type 30, in 8mm Mauser caliber, several serial ranges to 400k although only about 38.5k total produced.

Thanks for the info. Jon
gwsiii

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: totals Reply with quote

Double checked the totals when I got home and it should be 38,500 estimated produced. I have edited the total in the previous posts to keep bad info from propagating. My apologies, getting old, mind is going...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: