Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012 Shootout is Over!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwsiii

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: 2012 Shootout is Over!! Reply with quote

Shootout 2012 on Blevins Mountain is on - May 25th-26th, ending the morning of the 27th....some of our major players won't be in attendance but there should still be plenty to see, buy, sell, trade, and shoot - we'll get by with what we have. Daytime is family oriented (some salty language from time to time), Night time is 'fire time' and more adult oriented. If you're planning on attending, drop me a line and I'll pass it along. Here's some pics from previous shoots...Local Motels are available, or camp onsite (no facilities we pass the hat for a port-o-potty) Hope to see you there! Trey

2009 Shootout YouTube Video Link

Last edited by gwsiii on Mon May 28, 2012 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
type-14

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't heard a lot about it this year, except for your email. Gale and I will be there for Saturday. Will most of the local folk be there?
gwsiii

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: shootout Reply with quote

Yes, as far as I know all or most of the local (Alabama) regulars will be there.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: shootout is over...sniff... Reply with quote

The 2012 Shootout is history, very low turn out, very, very, very hot and humid. Quite a bit to see and shoot, on the Auto side: Zero Cockpit gun, BAR, Sten, Lancaster, Grease Gun, Steyr, M16 type, and Bump Fire .22 AR conversion. 2 Cannons, with a trunkload for sale - $350 each with carriage. Our crowd is getting a little younger, our thanks to the Decatur bunch for catering to our younger crowd on shootin' irons and the older bunches discriminating 'tastes'....

Very nice people, very nice weapons, if you do everything over the internet without veturing out, you really can't appreciate the experience! Hope to see you next year!

fg42

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Trey. Thank you so much for showing us your fabulous collection. For those who missed it this year it was a great time. There were 8 ---Eight-- different full autos that anyone could shoot. A Vickers 303 belt fed from a Japanese Zero converted to a ground mount. A MG 34 A BAR a US M3A1 (My Favorite! A Steyr 69 in 9 mm A MK III Sten M 16 A Brit. Lanchester 9 mm . Most of us shot most of them. The generosity of the MG owners to allow us to shoot their rare and valuable guns is unique. I also enjoyed seeing 3 different cannons shot. The firing line had a great variety of neat rifles and pistols available to try out also. would any of you enjoy shooting and I will only list a few. A Sharps 45 x 120. A Vetterlli in 10.35x47R and one converted to 6.5x52 A couple of Swiss 1911 long rifle in 7.5 Swiss and a Swiss PE 57 In 7.5 Swiss. An Austrian Model 1895 Steyr short rifle Sniper in 8x50Rmm (The last 2 were jokes on Me. The PE 57 didn't shoot right and the scope on the 95 sniper came off.) a Reising mod 60 in 45 ACP A scoped and silenced 308 An Australian SMLE & a Polish 22 lr Trainers. A SMLE forageing gun That shot a shot shell that was made by blowing out the sholder of a 303 Brit and making it into a shot shell. A Finnish target-sniper with a great trigger. A Clico M 900 with a 50 Rd mag A FN 49 in 30.06 A Winchester 97 riot gun Garands A US 03A4 sniper . I also put out a table of 13 very different 22 lr pistols to share. There were a lot of neat guns for sale. I saw 5 Navy special rifles at least one of them changed hands. The conversations flowed freely into the nights. It was great to see old friends and make new ones.
Arditi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like fun! Sorry I missed it. I'll try, with the family, next year.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: boots Reply with quote

Be sure to dirty up those boots before you come back, the locals are real suspicious of folks with sparkly clean work 'booties'... Wink 350 days and counting... See ya next year!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: