Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Arisaka Bolt Identification????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
270Handiman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Arisaka Bolt Identification???? Reply with quote

How can you tell the difference between a T38 bolt and a T99 bolt? I think the t99 has a groove cut all the way though both locking lugs. I'm not sure about the t38? Is there any other way to tell by just looking? Like at the safety or something?

Any help is appreciated!

gwsiii

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:14 am    Post subject: 99/38 bolt Reply with quote

I'm going from memory here and don't have one of each in hand, will try and compare tonight. The main difference outwardly is the finish and design of the extractor. Most 38 and 44 bolts are polished bright, all 99 bolts should be blued. Extractors on the 6.5 bolts are very finely machined with an overall contour to the outward side. 99 extractors are more flat and not as finely machined. The internal cutouts are different, however a 38 safety and firing pin (together) will work in a 99 bolt body. I have not tried a 99 safety and firing pin to see if it would work in a 38 body. There are differences in the configuration of the locking lugs on the front of the bolt. I have seen a 99 bolt that had the locking lugs and bolt handle root ground/filed to function. I'll try and do a side by side compare tonight and give you a better answer. Thanks for posting. Trey Stancil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: