Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AGCA October 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwsiii

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: AGCA October 2012 Reply with quote

The October 2012 AGCA show has come and gone, a great time was had by all. The OldeOne brought a saw that he didn't know how to work to sell. A few nice bayonets, and an Arisaka or 40 were noted. A $2250 buffed and blued 99 sniper sporter was noted as well. Spent some quality time with Type14 and RotoArisakist ret., and others. Traded for a m/m but mummed 20th series Type 38, looks like it will clean up well. Incidentally I have a Colt Lightning (missing barrel/frame) and a Colt Commander parts kit (missing frame/grips) for trade for something Japanese, email me if interested, I'll probably post the Lightning stuff on ebay if I don't hear from someone by the weekend.
As always the goodies are secondary to the social event. We laughed, ogled, joshed, and told elaborately ornamented truths all weekend. If you don't get out to shows, you just don't know what you are missing!

The theme was Civil War era and there were some very nice displays, in theme, and out of theme. Below are a few:
This is SqueaksWhenHeWalks' confederate blade display:

Here is Oopy38WalksAndDoesThemAll's Civil War display, some of the pistols look like they should be on another table...

Here's RunsWithScissors' Japanese Handgun display

AlsakaTheGideonTraveller's Best Arms Display

BlueCoatedNipponPeaceKeeper's Iraqi Display...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: