Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WTB - T99 repro bayonet & quick-detach snap hook

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Wanted, Buy, Sell, Trade!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alpino

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: WTB - T99 repro bayonet & quick-detach snap hook Reply with quote

Hello to everyone on this excellent forum! I am working my way through it all, learning a lot.

Two things I am looking for, a repro T99 bayonet- why? I am trying to make a short bayonet for my original Type 2 paratrooper rifle. Finding an original is both pricey & hard. This will fill the gap eh... until I luck out, like finding this particular rifle ten years ago [I tore down three barns to get it].

Several people have given or offered originals, but even with ones in rough shape, it would be a sin to cut one down. I know they are out there, some well made, some look like they were made by an eight year old in a Mumbai alleyway.

The other item I am looking for is a quick-detach snap hook to put on my para rifle. Are there repros or new "close ones" ? [ I have combed half the harness, saddle, pawn & hardware shops in MT & WY to no avail ! ]

THANKS!
gwsiii

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: stuff Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum!
I haven't seen any repro's of the quick detachable slings. Watching ebay is about your only option. You might have to buy a rifle to get the sling, so watch gunbroker and auctionarms as well. Repro bayonets are one ebay, ima-usa.com has some too. That is the sort of thing you need to see at a show, to judge the quality before buying though, some of the repro bayonets are poorly done. Post some pictures of your rifle, everyone likes sharing! Good Luck! Trey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Wanted, Buy, Sell, Trade! All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: