Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Battle Damage Type-99 plus surprise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
type-14

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Battle Damage Type-99 plus surprise Reply with quote

Friend brought over a Type-99 with some really interesting battle damage. I have no idea what went though the stock but it missed the barrel? Those cuts on the receiver were made by shrapnel passing by and the one just below the mum is sharp even after all these years. I'll leave the surprise to the viewers.
, , , , , ,
, , ,
, , ,
, ,
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: rifle Reply with quote

Nice, never seen that on a C sight. Or a Toyo Kogyo for that matter...Thanks for posting!
seinen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dale,

What series?

C/
type-14

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

33, and a high number at that (89,445). It's been on there a long time as the finish is the same as on the front band and rear sight.
ronin48

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Knapp, Rochester, NY had a 99 that a bullet "removed" the mum, facing the rifle it would have come from right to left as I remember, almost down the barrel. It was sold to Roy Cooper in B'ham, AL and when Roy died it went to Bobby Blevins.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: