Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AGCA Show, Birmingham AL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwsiii

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:38 pm    Post subject: AGCA Show, Birmingham AL Reply with quote

Ya'll come on down to the AGCA Show in Birmingham, AL this weekend. Already some pretty neat stuff going back and forth. My thanks to S for the sparklies, this is two shows in a row...

Super nice 25th series 38 long there, and very super nice 37th as well, matching mummed. This show theme is military with a Salute to our Veterans, All sorts of military vehicles crammed in the exhibition hall. Get there early on Saturday as there is an Elton John concert later that evening, parking will be at a premium. See you there!

gwsiii

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: day 2 Reply with quote

Wow, it was crowded before the doors opened. What a huge turn out. Spent some quality time with old friends, made some new ones, saw some neat things. Saw another 'sparkly'...Here are some more sights from the show...I can, eventually, even take a broken Type 14 apart, given the right crowbar, c-clamp, hex headed screwdriver, and two extra hands..

Ye Kindly Olde Editor's Riceone Cutaway

A sparkly...

One of my future 'papellers'...

ronin48

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut-away 14 was my half-day one table display to have a place to sit while my older son from MS and his buddy shopped for powder and bullets..

Thanks to Trey for "figgerin" why the mag was stuck in the T 14. Trey, I haven't tried a different mag, in fact the 14 is still in the bag, just removed the S&W Bodyguard I traded for to see i it would fit in the large cell holder. It will, but it wouldn't be a "quick draw.".
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: good times, good friends.... Reply with quote

Another show has come and gone. Good times, good friends, great memories. If you don't get out to go to shows, you don't know what you are missing. Hope to see you next time. For what its worth, I am probably worse with names and faces than YeKindlyOldeEditor (Ronin48) so don't be put off if you speak to me and I give you my 'why are you wearing your underwear on the outside' look, it just means I'm trying to figure out why you're speaking to me and who you are. I didn't get a lot of pictures, I was too busy stressing about packing up. But thanks to the promoter, Brent Goodwin for having it all planned out. There were 6 type 44s out in the wild there, I got a little twitchy with that many open range guns there. My display had 14, so 20 44s outs of 92,000ish is a pretty high percentage. I did ok with my display, not at the top, not at the bottom. Enough to cover my tables and have a little lunch money left over. Good for me...

This show was a salute to Veterans - my thanks and welcome home to all of you!

Here's a Japanese Gun Camera..I'd like to get the full kit, if someone has one with easy payment plans let me know. You used to could get them on ebay for about $350, not any more...

My display...That is an 'Air Cavalry Carbine' on the end..

The half-track..

Banzai Bella

type-14

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great seeing you today. Always good to see what you "found" and you did good this weekend. For anyone who missed this show if you are a 38, 99 or 44 collector you couldn't swing a rusty Type-14 without hitting one. Things where cluttering the tables so much you couldn't see anything else. I do think some must have been made with precious metals by the asking price on a couple. But overall a great show and tribute to our vets.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: upcoming Reply with quote

Upcoming show dates at the
BJCC here:
July 12-13 2014
October 11-12 2014
March 14-15, 2015
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: