Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mosin Nagant - Vet Bringback

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Other Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwsiii

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Mosin Nagant - Vet Bringback Reply with quote

I don't know anything about Mosin Nagants. These pictures are of a Nagant purchased with a US Jacket, from the estate of a Vet that fought at the 'Frozen Chosin'. As always, buy the gun not the story. I do not see any import markings that I recognize. So I guess it's possible.

Not a very pretty one, but a piece of history nonetheless.
type-14

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out http://7.62x54r.net/ as it is the best source I have found on the net about the Nagants.
sapishka

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject: vet bringback mosin nagant Reply with quote

I'm a newcomer to Arisakas but know the Mosin Nagant extremely well .What you have here is a m91/30 model MosinNagant rifle dated 1934 ,built in Russia at the Izhevsk Arsenal .It started life as a DRAGOON as the early rifles were called (not all) changed over to the 91/30 as seen here ,but retains the hex type receiver ,nothing went to waste in the Soviet Union .it has all matching numbers ,.very cool and has the Izhevsk crest hammer and cycle with the wreath .The rare and unusual thing is the stock stamp cartouche ,I cannot find any known identification on the stamp on the known websites with most all known stock markings ,it is not an American marking , such as the American made Mosins that had the flaming bomb .this has 3 C s ,cannot make the third letter or ? So this rifle with these stock markings is quite rare on this alone ,be interesting to find out what they are ,I have checked my few sources so far an nothing yet ,maybe I can find out something and post back ,mosin nagants used as this is likely will have a dark bore ,but very strong lands and still shot decent ,most shoot right to target WITH bayonet fixed as they were sighted in ,and how they were used in all combat interactions .

sapishka
sapishka

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject: mosin nagant vet bring back Reply with quote

CORRECTION , I meant to say the 4th character in the stock cartouche I cannot make out .I also do not know if the bolt numbers all match on this ,hopefully they all will have matching numbers and markings ,the markings on the receiver are inspector and proof marks.. Russian

sapishka
gwsiii

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:17 am    Post subject: rifle Reply with quote

Thanks! I think the 4th character is P, as in CCCP. As far as I can tell all the bolt parts match. Handguard may be a replacement and it is missing the blade on the front sight. Just one of those things that turns up. It's much more interesting to look at than the money that I spent on it. Appreciate the info and update! Trey
sapishka

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: vet bring back Reply with quote

oh I believe your are correct ,that is a very interesting variation for certain ,never seen one like that .as a collector of mosins ,I would be interested in that rifle .... PM if you ever decide its taking up too much space there

sapishka
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Other Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: