Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TMCA show sights 4/20/14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: TMCA show sights 4/20/14 Reply with quote

Another TMCA show has come and gone, a small show, crowded with dealers and pickers. Lots of good finds come out of this show. Nagoya Type 38 double circle with railway tags where shipped home, lots of fine condition nambus, and some honest out of the woodwork ones too. A few more rifle, another fine condition Type 44, 0 series Kokura 3rd variation, 66K serial. In all a good show. Here are some sights fromt the show, in no particular order. pics of my display (3rd place) and a couple others.

The 'oldeone' and Mr. Tim visiting from CA

Mr. Ed Harrell's fine book, survivor of the Sinking of the USS Indianapolis

Pistol display pics...

Francis C. Allan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Pictures Reply with quote

Those of use who could not attend sure appreciate the photos. Thanks.

Frank

(386) 445-4225
seinen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On your Peabody-Martini, are there any markings/numbers stamped on the top rear of the receiver, in back of the cartridge ramp?

C/
gwsiii

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:41 am    Post subject: martini Reply with quote

Chip, yes, I guess I didn't take any pictures, it is the one YeKindlyOldeEditor had with custom reverse mounted bayonet lug...
seinen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trey - hadn't heard about the custom bayonet lug. He sure has a lot of oddball stuf!

C/
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:54 am    Post subject: lug Reply with quote

Someone reversed the bayonet lug during the 'last assemble', so that it was on the left side, with the bayonet lug facing the butt, the design of it and the cleaning rod effectively locked both in place. It was beyond my abilities to attempt to remove it. It required more than just loosening the band screw. Reports are it's all better now. I should have taken pictures, would have made a good, 'what's wrong with this picture'.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: