Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oct AGCA show Birmingham

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oopy38

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject: Oct AGCA show Birmingham Reply with quote

the birmingham alabama gun collectors show is next weekend, 10,11, 12th of Oct. hope you can attend. the theme is Civil War, but there will be lots of other stuff there. trey and i will be on the back row. look for his japanese flags. hope to see you there.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject: AGCA show Reply with quote

Some nice stuff there, a 20.5 Type 14, 3 or 5 excellent+ match mummed type 99s. 5 consectutively numbered 98-09 mausers, a table full of Lugers out of a 60 year collection were being liquidated as well. Good times, good guns, good friends. We'll be there all day tomorrow too!
Hope to see you there.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: AGCA show Reply with quote

The show is over, a great time was had by all. Found an RC waistbelt for Type 14, traded for another Izzy 9. That's about all. Won 2nd place weapons out of theme (after best of show in theme, and 1st weapons out of theme). There was a nice Confederate Saber display next to us, but he'd taken down his display before I remembered to get my camera out.

Anyone know how to tell legitimacy of dogtags? A friend has a bunch and someone questioned him about their authenticity...

Here are some shots of our displays...
Iron and Paper of the Civil War (aka War of Northern Aggression)

Japanese Military Handguns

gwsiii

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: ooh, ooh Reply with quote

I just noticed, some of my pistols are out of place, underneath the netting...That's what I get for not bird dogging my tables...At least nothing is missing, that I can tell.

I forgot to mention I finally got around to trading for the ceramic practice grenade I've have been contemplating for the last few years...Frank, I'll be needing another copy of the Type 38, as soon as I get some more 'bank' up....Did I mention that I found what I thought was a Type 45 bolt, I was mistaken, it is for a Mukden Mauser...What an odd show it was indeed...
type-14

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some really great displays and glad to hear to you did well with them. Sorry, to have missed the show.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: