Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AGCA March 21-22, 2015 (pictures added)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwsiii

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:01 am    Post subject: AGCA March 21-22, 2015 (pictures added) Reply with quote

Alabama Gun Collectors Show this weekend, I'll be there with a small 1 table Type 44 Carbine display. Theme is military, come down, early...parking is still limited. Hope to see you there....

Last edited by gwsiii on Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
gwsiii

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:35 pm    Post subject: AGCA Displays Reply with quote

A few nice things there today, 3 digit TK Long rifle, pretty nice...A Japanese Browning, a pretty 14.9 STG type 14, a few minty ground 38 longs (kokura 24th and Jinsen 30th) and some other stuff. Here are some pictures of our displays...

Savage in the Military

Japanese Type 44 Carbines

One Bad Motor Scooter...

gwsiii

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:33 pm    Post subject: show Reply with quote

slow show today, lots of mums, very few on anything worth getting. 2 outstanding paratroopers there, one is 4995, the other 2500, I guess a mum is worth 2495...I got to thinking today, I figure collectible vs bubba and post war builds ran about 50-50 up until the ebay age. Now that everything that doesn't have a mum is getting broken up, it's now running about 25-75. You young guys aren't going to be able to study anything because everything is going to be a rebuild/restoration by them time it gets to you. I think I made a deal today for a Japanese marked 1910 Browning and holster, with capture papers named to a Marine in the Phillipines? On a side note, I was offered a 99 sniper scope for my pretty little Japanese marked Smith & Wesson 1 1/2...I hear Type-14 is coming up tomorrow, maybe we'll find something neat...
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject: show Reply with quote

While I said the show was slow yesterday, I meant goodie-wise. 3,800? paid yesterday to get in. I did not see a lot of Japanese stuff, there was some there, just not brought in from the wild. Nambus were running $450 and up. Arisakas $300 and up if it had a mum. I don't know about you, but I collect rifles, mums are nice, but $2400 nice different in a minty paratrooper ground and a not quite minty paratrooper with a mum? Nah...Alex, I'll take 2 minty ground paratroopers for 1 Mummed One for $5,000 please. I traded for a baby nambu round, 1 9mm revolver round for 1 baby nambu round if you're keeing track. I saw Big Paul, The Flaming Carrot, Type-14 and his beautiful bride, Alsaka, Oopy38, DeputyDan, Kaz, Crdrelics and a few others. My 1 table Type 44 Carbine display finished 2nd overall (announced after Best of Show), and was only beat out by a pretty comprehensive 4 or 5 table US Military Rifle display (03s, M1 Carbines and Garands) so our area is starting to get a little respect. If anyone has a 2nd variation bayonet housing for sale, reasonable contact me. I got first and 3rd and a 2nd would make for a good sidebar compare/contrast on the display. Best in theme edged weapons display was won again by the same guy, that puts up the same display every show. 10" Garand Bayonets. My son is going to organize 'our' bayonets and build a display called 'Not any damn 10" Garand Bayonets' to counter it. I'll let you know how it turns out. I think next up is TMCA in two weeks. Hope to see you there!

If you don't get out to shows, you are really missing out. The friendships that I've built going to shows is amazing and just keeps getting better. This show may have been the last time that I get to see one particular friend caught up in the grip of parkinson's disease.

Last edited by gwsiii on Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
type-14

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trey, as always it was great seeing you and your Dad and getting time to say "hey" to a number of collectors. Those Type II's were sure pricey to say the least.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: