Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Papa Nambu "Tokyo Rework" ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
josephhemi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject: Papa Nambu "Tokyo Rework" ??? Reply with quote

Greetings All,

New member here. My Pop passed away 6 weeks ago and the siblings and I are keeping several Japanese pistols and rifles each and moving the rest. Will use the proper area if selling, however of the several pistols I'm keeping I have a few questions. I have a Papa Nambu in the mid 8000 range that is marked TGE on the chamber and Tokyo Arsenal ( cannon ball stack on the right side of the slide by the serial number). In several articles I've googled it mentions this combination is called a "Tokyo Rework", because Tokyo Arsenal rebuilt/reworked/assembled TGE pistols/parts for the war effort. There was an inference that there were relatively few of these double stamped around ?

Grip strap was/is pitted,cleaned of active rust and reblued and the slide, barrel and trigger housing are in almost perfect in condition and bluing. Like someone determined the grip strap is pitted, but serviceable, rework it.

Thank you and I look very forward to learning more about my treasures. I'm also interested in and own M1 Garands, 1903's and FN 49's.

Best Regards Joe

Last edited by josephhemi on Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:45 pm    Post subject: stuff Reply with quote

Joseph, welcome to the forum. Please post pictures. Tokyo assembled pistols from left over TGE parts, they didn't necessarily rework them in the truest sense of the word at that time. They actually assembled them. Feel free to post pictures and ask questions. On for sale stuff, it is customary to add on the forums with a fixed price sale. Then, after a week/10 days, going to auction....

I'm not as well versed on Nambus as Arisakas, so post some pictures and we'll see what some of the Nambu guys have to say.. Trey
josephhemi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:18 pm    Post subject: Thank you for the reply. Reply with quote

Have three matching T99's from my fathers collection and will try them here first. Three or four T-14 w/holsters and one with capture papers as well.

Joe
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:05 pm    Post subject: Sounds great Reply with quote

Sounds great, please post pictures, or send them to me and I'll post them for you. The questions that will be asked will be about markings, series, serial, inspection marks, you can let the pictures tell the story or spell it out. See the various Japanese Rifle Datasheets HERE. Let me know if you have any questions....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: