Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

T-26 No external serial numbers. Inside #36 Third variation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
josephhemi

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 10:48 am    Post subject: T-26 No external serial numbers. Inside #36 Third variation Reply with quote

Pistol is a little rougher than most of his others, however no external serial numbers. Trigger guard, grip frame, barrel hinge and grips all marked 36.

Sorry, my camera is limited on very close close ups, thought a few of you may enjoy. Every box I open is like opening a tomb.

Joe

josephhemi

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject: T26 Holster and cleaning rod Photos Reply with quote

Sharing a few photos of al T-26 holster and a cleaning rod. This holster is probably mid-later production. Cleaning rod is marked.

Joe

gwsiii

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject: revolver Reply with quote

Nice, if you'll email me larger pictures I'll post them.
Mine is internally numbered 580 oops make that 530.

Last edited by gwsiii on Tue May 05, 2015 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total
josephhemi

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject: Better close ups Reply with quote

A few more shots (closer up ) of the T26. Ends up being a bit of a strange duck in that the grip frame, grips, trigger guard and barrel swing(carriage) are all marked with an "E36". However, the cylinder spindle and cartridge ejector area are also marked with a "10". The cylinder/barrel swing, carriage (???) is marked with BOTH "10" and "E36". Seems like may have used two different parts at the factory ( just made it work ) since the one part is marked with both.

Any thoughts and ideas? Thank you.

Joe

type-14

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First let me say that is a really nice internally marked Type-26. The Type-26 is marked with assembly numbers at that early serial number range and your assembly is that #10. The serial number is also part of it and that is of course the #36. No "E" that is actually the inspection mark "ヨ" (yo) and was used by the Tokyo Arsenal on a number of their weapons. The cleaning looks good (original) from the photos and it should also have an inspection mark on the long shaft but more towards the top by the loop but not always.
josephhemi

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 10:48 pm    Post subject: Thank you for the reply. Reply with quote

I will take your word on the markings, especially the "E". The E shows up four times. Thanks for the information.

The rod is marked near the loop on the shaft. One of the photos shows it pretty well.

Even I am amazed at what he had in his collection. However I am not well versed in much of his Japanese memorabilia, more so the NAZI stuff.

Regards Joe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: