Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

T-94 thumb safety loose, will swing down to the 6 o'clock po

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
josephhemi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject: T-94 thumb safety loose, will swing down to the 6 o'clock po Reply with quote

Any idea how big or bad a problem this is or could be???

Thanks Joe
gwsiii

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:56 am    Post subject: safety Reply with quote

That's out of my area, maybe Type-14 will swing by and elaborate. I find that they are usually broken off completely, or work fine.
josephhemi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:40 am    Post subject: Thank you for the reply. Reply with quote

Dad had two T-94's with four holsters, two canvas, one cow and one pig hide. So , I checked both safeties and both are slightly loose and not as positive as his P-38's.

Thank you for the reply.

Joe
type-14

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are be bent out a bit and that will happen. Do not try and bend at all as they are not the strongest and tend to break. Have you tried to remove the safety?
type-14

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to ask, what type of canvas holsters? Some are a loose weave while some area stiffer type weave. If you can post some photos of them.
josephhemi

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 10:57 pm    Post subject: Holster. Reply with quote

Thanks again for the T-26 and rod information.

Both the canvas holsters are together with T-94 pistols as a rig and are for sale on GB. The newer one is a bit stiffer, the older one is floppy(softer). You can see the photos there. Actually the photos of the older/softer one are up here on wanted and for sale. It is not longer for sale here though.

Regards Joe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: