Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EXPERIMENTAL JAPANESE SNIPER SCOPE COPY OF THE ZF39 ZIESS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ROBERT H.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 3:55 pm    Post subject: EXPERIMENTAL JAPANESE SNIPER SCOPE COPY OF THE ZF39 ZIESS Reply with quote

Hi
I got lucky and found a Japanese made copy of the german ZF39 4 x scope
scope. I think it is 4 x power. The marking on the scope are Toko Magnascope N0. 6 N0. 110022 Made before 1923?? Or the 1930"s??
I will send pictures later but iwill need help with the pictures
Any one know more about it???Regards
Bob
gwsiii

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:12 pm    Post subject: scope Reply with quote

I don't, a couple of guys may know something so send me the photos and I'll post them. Looking forward to it. Trey
gwsiii

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:09 am    Post subject: photos Reply with quote

Here are the photos, the tube body is similar to the pictures shown in Macy/Allan Type 38 Arisaka, for 38 sniper scopes, which all reported have 3 digit numbers and manufactured by Nikko (if I'm remembering right) but no trademark/model name as this one is marked Magnascope. The classical Japanese sniper scopes appear to have an integral base as part of the tube, would make sense as common rings would add more pieces to the puzzle. Interesting to say the least. Anyone got any other thoughts or pictures?

Francis C. Allan

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:51 am    Post subject: Zeiss scope Reply with quote

The logo seems to be properly etched in using a template which is how the Japanese applied their logos to scopes. The obvious problem is why would Tokyo Opticals do so?

I am checking with some folks with far more sniper knowledge than I have and hope to have a little more on their opinions shortly.

Frank

(386) 445-4225
ROBERT H.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 1:31 pm    Post subject: JAPANESE SNIPER SCOPE? Reply with quote

Hi guys
I thank you for posting the pictures for me. The scope does look some what different then any Ziess scope I have seen, the adjustment knob is much larger and the shape of the screw. I emailed the dealer I bought if from and he was nice enough to tell me that he bought it from a old gunsmith that closed his business .
Best Regards
Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: