Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2015 Blevins Shoot is Over! (pictures added)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 11:41 am    Post subject: weather Reply with quote

Dale, sounds good...

Weather update:
40% rain Thursday, low 80s
40% rain Friday, low 80s
20% rain Saturday, low 80s
gwsiii

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:38 pm    Post subject: weather update Reply with quote

Thursday
rain 20%
high 76

Friday
no rain
high 75

Saturday
partly cloudy
high 80

YeeeeeHaawwwwww!
gwsiii

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject: Weather Reply with quote

Hahahahaha...Truck broke down...Son Broke down, Plan B and C scrapped, on to plan D++...

Friday/Saturday Weather
Mid to upper 70s...
Clear to partly cloudy...

Heck Yeah!
gwsiii

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:44 pm    Post subject: shoot out day 1 Reply with quote

The Slot god and I rode in late afternoon....Perched right smack dab in the middle of our parking place was a strange car, but familiar faces...Wild Bill and the Fair lady Barb...Soon to follow were Bad Bob and Fast Roger. We hemmed and hawed over a selection of Nambus and holsters and settled in for an evening socializing. Our host made an appearance and visited before retiring for the evening. I shall return for the duration on the morrow. You should have been there....
gwsiii

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:48 pm    Post subject: our host and some stuff Reply with quote

Our host, and our guest of honor...

Some of the stuff...Sorry, it got dark...

gwsiii

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:17 pm    Post subject: holy cow... Reply with quote

Holy Cow! What a great time...Details later...
oopy38

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject: Saturday Reply with quote

My grand children, Weldon and Isabella, and I arrived around noon on Saturday. The weather was pleasant with a good breeze if you were in the shade. There were lots of nice things to look at and to shoot. Trey cook some sausages that were delicious. Isabella shot her Ruger 10-22 that I built for her a couple of years ago. You won't find another like it or........her! Smile She is only 10, and when a gentleman asked me to let her shoot his .308 I thanked him, but told him no. He persisted in a kind way and after demonstrating the rifle for me, I agreed. She said yes, and now wants one of her own! It was a bolt action of some kind with a (legal) surpressor and using sub-sonic ammo. No noise and no recoil. At one point, a young man next to me was shooting an 1873 Springfield Trapdoor rifle. All in all, a great day.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:50 am    Post subject: hectic Reply with quote

What a time, car trouble just hours before heading out, and more drama than a guy should have to go through to go anywhere on vacation, but lets just say I finally made it to the shootout for good, at 11:30 pm Friday night. Defuc helped save the day and we rode up who did we find but Wild Buffalo <censored> Bill and his faithful (and very patient) handler Barb...After perusing a pile of nambus and other items Wild Bill had for sale, we chatted and awaited the next arrivals....Big Bad Bob and Fast Roger from Iowa rolled in and the buzzards started circling the for sale items...After a few early evening deals, the participants settled down to chat, and I had to head home to attend #1 son's out patient surgery, and a brief, but exasperating 4 hour work call in before I was ready to go back. I rolled in about 11:30 and played catch up until the wee hours, Ramblin Ray, Martha and the twins were in the process of retiring, having inspected the moonlight through the bottom of a mason jar...Somewhere around 4:30 a couple items were put on hold in the glove compartment to be revisited with clearer heads, it's really hard to cyper at 4am with your shoes on and the whole world wobbling around you...Saturday came with a great crowd and some pretty sharp show and tell stuff...Type 38 Nagoya serial #1, Hamada type 1, Type 100 paratrooper, test type 1, Jinsen 'Stubby', early and late emergency use rifles, Japanese contract smith & wessons and FN Brownings, in the white Type 14s, just all sorts of neat goodies...Did I mention all the Class 3 stuff? 2 99 LMGs, Type 11, MG34, Zero Cockpit gun, M3A1 grease gun, Steyr, Sten, Sterling, Lancaster, BAR, M60, yes an M60... There was shooting galore, everything there was available to shoot...Our hats are off the Vince and Steve for everything they do to make such obscure weapons available for shooting through their reloading and participation.

What a great time. Saturday night again by the fire, and early Sunday roll out to head home. A great time was had by all, Hope to see you next year..
Some photos...

gwsiii

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:10 pm    Post subject: more pics Reply with quote

Here are some more pics...

type-14

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a great time and am already looking forward to next year. One of the high lights for me this year was getting to shoot the Hamada type 1. As always it was really good seeing everyone and I want to thank our hosts for putting up with us again this year. The last photo are four 410 conversions that a couple of us like to shoot. Enjoy the photos.

, , , , , ,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: