Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blevins/Banzai Shootout Type 99 Blowup Test link

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwsiii

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:41 am    Post subject: Blevins/Banzai Shootout Type 99 Blowup Test link Reply with quote

Below is a link to an excellent writeup on the Type 99 blowup test conducted at the 2005 Blevins/Banzai Shootout by Mr. Boone. Good pictures and interesting information. Those old Arisakas are pretty tough!
Blowup Test updated link. Thanks Smokey!

Last edited by gwsiii on Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
gwsiii

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Guns Magazine article Reply with quote

Here's a link to an article in the 5/1/04 issue of Guns Magazine, it touches lightly on P.O. Ackley's blow up tests in the 50s.

Japan's intriguing Arisakas
Smokey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Blowing Up a T99 Reply with quote

2005 Blevins/Banzai Shootout by Mr. Boone. The topic moved,
Here's where you can find it now:
http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=2405/
gwsiii

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: link Reply with quote

Smokey,appreciate it. I meant to capture it so that didn't happen. Trey
DEFUC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a fun round of testing,and one of the only scientific experiments we've conducted that anyone rememebered to keep the data for..to think of all the mystery's of the japanese empire we've solved in those late night block house 'brainstormings' and indepth research,all lost to time except this one little piece,that thankfully you guys managed to save....now if someone had just kept the "research" results on : CC rifles, unserialised guns,pre and post production items,education rifles..guess we will have to start all over again in May 2009.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: