Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AGCA FAll Show 2015

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwsiii

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject: AGCA FAll Show 2015 Reply with quote

The Alabama Gun Collector's Association show is this weekend, 9 - 5 Saturday, and 9 - 4 on Sunday. Hope to see you there! Ronin48's display is set up, finally. Long story...

gwsiii

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject: show Reply with quote

Well, show is over. The show honored Law Enforcement and first responders, there were some nice display to that effect, however the display theme was open and did your fellow Banzai Members rack up! YeKindleyOldeEditor got Best of Show for his Tanegashima display. The Banzai Bomber got 2nd for his Japanese Handgun display, and Oopy38 got 4th place for his large frame Colt Auto display. Fellow Banzaites Alsaka and CrazyJapaneseCop received awards for their displays which were not Japanese related. A good show, lots of stuff. Some of the best oatmeal raisin cookies I've ever eaten were there.

I was tickling Nambus this weekend, and the rifles I looked at, were not too good. Nothing that made me jump up and go, I need that, well maybe that isn't true. VonMazur has a couple I wouldn't mind spending some time with. There was a sassy little number manufactured in 6.5 Japanese, then converted to 7.62x39... Here's a few pictures. I apologize in advance for some rotation problems...Just flip the screen...

Pearl of the Orient listed in Allan's book as cut down rifle, but if they did, they rebarreled it.

A little nambuing, for those keeping count...

A little more nambuing...

A little Navy Special action, early...

Oopy38s Colt Display

The Banzai Bomber's Display...

Here's DanO and Alsaka's Law Enforcement Display...

Again, if you don't get out to shows, you don't know what you are missing. A show is as much a social event as it is a means to share, educate, and add to your collection. Want to have some fun? Try displaying! Ronin48's Armor was a big hit. Ages 4 months to 4 score stopped to pose for pictures...Good fun...

Here's the Whazzit of the show, I'd guess Chinese or Vietnamese Artillery shell carrier...

jangle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lookin displays. Sounds like a good weekend by all.
Francis C. Allan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:34 am    Post subject: Nice show Reply with quote

I wish we had more actual "shows" down here in FL. Most are purely commercial - ARs, AKs, etc. Only the Jacksonville Show even begins to approach a true traditional gun show format. Congrats to all of those who put in the work.

Frank

(386) 445-4225
ronin48

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THEY NEVER LEARN!!! I was under the weather from a blood transfusion (?) Tuesday AM and was in the hospital Tues PM till Sunday AM. I got Trey to set up my display which won first prize, $500 and a dust catcher. His came in 2nd with a $250 prize, ??? on the dust catcher. But he is welcome to mine "when the time comes."

So by helping me he was out $250 and a dust catcher, right? No, wrong, I gave him half of "$" winnings ($250) and Ruth gave him $100 or $200 for his help (gaining hands-on experience with tanegashimas). That's either $600 or $700. My hospital "invite" was due to Ebola or Ecola,, never can remember which.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:22 pm    Post subject: it was nothing Reply with quote

It was muchly appreciated, but be careful what you put on the interwebs, guess who wants her cut now?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: